Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom launch TomTom Mobile
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom launch TomTom Mobile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will just have to wait then.....
Thanks for your help.
Mal
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gents,

Back on topic.

Is it worth buying the Co-pilot with its own GPS receiver (approx £220) or just the software (£130) with another (better?) bluetooth GPS rx?

Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are better receivers IMHO, the Fortuna ClipOn is a good option and has a replaceble battery. Assuming you can get the software and a ClipON for a similar price to the CoPilot bundle then it would be a better option.
mcwarre
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seen co-pilot and choice of GPS receivers (inc fortuna) here http://www.globalpositioningsystems.co.uk/viewprod.php?product_id=2595

Only £239.94 incl. VAT.

It comes with free car cradle as well, although seemingly pre-order at the moment
technik
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How much free space is there on the supplied TTMobile MMC card ?

My present 32MB MMC is nearly full, so would need the extra space for existing programs.
SL33PYH34D
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if it is likely that a UIQ version will be available for the P910i? I am also fairly sure that one of the new features of the P910 over the P900 is that it does support concurrent Bluetooth connections.
I'm also hoping they produce a software only version as the TomTom blueooth receiver is not my GPS unit of choice.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UIQ handsets were certainly in the original line-up but a compatible version has been delayed. I have no firm detais on if or when this will now be available.
sneals2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Camera Database Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
MalT wrote:
but I can't seem to find how to transfer the camera POI to my new TTM that arrived earlier.

Mal

All you need to do is to copy the OV2 and BMP files into the Great-Britain-Map directory then go through the configuration options as described in the GO article (the interface works exactly the same) Click here for the article.

Hi there

Apologies if I am missing the obvious (this is my first post here!) - but I have transferred the .ov2 and .bmp files into my Great Britain Map directory on the MMC card I got with my TTM. However when I run TTM (on a Nokia 6600) it doesn't seem to see the new POI. I can't see an "import" or similar - is there a trick I am missing to get TTM to "see" the .ov2 file?

I tried following the GO instructions - but they seem to imply that all you need to do is import the file?

Do you have to create a custom POI category manually?

All help gratefully received - apart from failing to do this I'm really pleased with the whole TomTom experience.
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To 'see' the POIs go to : change preferences>maintain POI>Enabld/Disable POI then check the poi category associated with the ov2 file you want to view.

THis should get the .bmp files displayed on the screen
sneals2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeB wrote:
To 'see' the POIs go to : change preferences>maintain POI>Enabld/Disable POI then check the poi category associated with the ov2 file you want to view.

THis should get the .bmp files displayed on the screen

Thanks - thats what I thought - but when I do this the new database I've copied into the folder doesn't appear in the list of POIs to enable/disable. I've tried renaming it to something shorter - but still no joy. However if I try and create a custom POI of my own with the same name as the renamed files (say Gatso) it says it already exists.

I tried creating a POI called Gatso, before I dragged the files across, and a .ov2 and .bmp file were created - when I replaced these files with the renamed versions of the PocketGPS ones they didn't appear in the POI list...

The files I am importing are : pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp and .ov2

Dragging and dropping across into the Great Britain Map directory using Nokia PC Suite. (All file conversion switched off)

I'm a bit stumped - I'm sure I'm not doing something obvious...

(I ensured TomTom Mobile wasn't running at the time I imported, and have also tried powering down the phone)

Any more thoughts? Are you running the Symbian or Windows version? (Could this be a bug in the Symbian sw?)
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you have copied the .ov2 and .bmp files for each database into the map folder?
sneals2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren wrote:
Are you sure you have copied the .ov2 and .bmp files for each database into the map folder?

I downloaded the "pocketgps_uk_sc.zip" file, unzipped it and copied over the two files "pocketgps_uk_gatso.ov2" and "pocketgps_uk_gatso.bmp" into the Great Britain Map directory on the MMC card in the Nokia. This is the same folder that a test custom POI file appeared in when I created it in TomTom.

AIUI a new POI should have appeared in the TomTom Enable/Disable POI list called "pocketgps_uk_gatso"?

I'll try using an MMC card reader rather than the Nokia PC Suite software - just in case that is the cause?
MikeB
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could also try shortening the name down to gatso.ov2 and gatso.bmp
sneals2000
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whadyaknow... Copying the files using an MMC reader/writer seems to have done the trick - or something else flukey has happened.

I put the card in the reader connected to my windows machine - saw the two pocket_gps files there in Explorer. Deleted them, then dragged them across again, put the card back in my phone, switched it on, ran TomTom and it found them straight away.

Looks like Nokia PC Suite was doing something funny? (I was connected via IR rather than Bluetooth)

Strange - thanks to all for keeping me on the right track.
bis96gw
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know if TTM will be available on its own? I've already got a Fortuna Clip-on so don't need another receiver!!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Software-Only Products All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: