Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TomTom Announces New Go Range with Navcore v7 Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TomTom Announces New Go Range with Navcore v7 Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll need to see how it all works in practice, but I'm not sure it would be that easy to abuse the system. I'm sure this is something they've thought of, and in any case they have their levels of trustworthiness, the lowest of which is reported by 'some', so it looks like they will be filtering the corrections and that more than one person would need to submit the same correction before it is redistributed. It sounds great, but we need to see it in action before we know for sure.
uocooper
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robin2 wrote:
If the authorship of corrections is made clear, I would be prepared to accept corrections from people I trust (ie people on this forum whom I feel I know after reading their contributions over the years).
Robin

I was thinking about this as well. The fact is that there are lots of users that will be the only person to report an error but that doesn't mean it's not something that won't affect many other GPS users or that it's not an important fix. It all comes down to establishing trust levels. To a certain extent, things like blocked roads can probably be verified by other users using available satellite imagery where available. The most important thing is that this doesn't end up causing multiple people to report bad data thereby becoming part of a higher tier of trust.

As a community, we could certainly help push updates along but the trick is how to be absolutely sure they are corrections that actually need to be made.

Even though the Map Share corrections will be provided to Teleatlas it would still probably be best to use both Map Share and Mapinsight since Teleatlas does give more priority to corrections depending on the number of reports they get.

Report map errors- http://mapinsight.teleatlas.com
PaulBt
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At last with MapShare I can put back in some of the deadends that I was able to mark as "avoid areas" in version 3. At least I will get the benfit of my corrections, and if I can share those with others then that is good.

I had been thinking about saying to TT about changing the voice commands (I know it can be done using conversions), as some people I know get confused between left and right Wink and use "there side" or "the other side" !!!

I hope that the voice stuff works, as no-one can hear me on the hands-free at present.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulBt wrote:
I hope that the voice stuff works, as no-one can hear me on the hands-free at present.
Are you not using the external microphone which came with it? - Sorry, treat this as rhetorical, it's up to you to choose for yourself.

My wishlist for the new range (or the new software) is for the "Warn ONLY When on Route" to be sorted out. It's so annoying to get warnings for stuff off route.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
kalvin928s4
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: mmm 910 or 720? Reply with quote

im more than happy with my present set up especially as i have full handsfree with my ericsson p990 inc writing and hearing sms messages over my speaker but as usual I like to keep upto date.... the thing thats putting me off is the 'loss' of the 20gb hardrive which ive fully backed my mp3's onto.

Im in London everyday and im sure some of the new features on the new units will be more than helpful..... but do you think a 920 will come out with bigger harddrive? and that would most definately sway it for me

thx
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't worry, a 910 upgraded to v7 will serve you fine once the upgrade becomes available.
tazzz78
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Active mount Reply with quote

Would it have an active mount? Cause it looks like mount for TomTom One, which obviously is not an ctive one. Anyone knows? Thanks
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does not have an active mount.
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The custom cursor feature is nice, Garmin had a choice and there were some custom cursors produced for their branded Nuvi's i.e. those supplied through Mini dealers had a Mini Cursor complete with chequered roof.

Now not only do you have a pre-installed selection to choose from, you can also make your own, it's a 24-Bit 80x80 pixel bitmap. Here's one I knocked up of My Land Rover (the red is seen as transparent on the device).

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darren, what is the RGB code for the red you have used as this might be handy for transparent POI icons, or worse still might affect the speed camera icons - Mike
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RGB Code is 255,0,0
DaveMatthews
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've almost given up on waiting for Navigon to get their MobileNavigator range fixed and these new TT solutions look very promising. There are a lot of features I'm not bothered about but TMC is very imoprtant for me. Does anybody know whether these new units will handle TMC properly in the UK and will allow an external aerial (ie a "splitter" from the car radio antenna) to be plugged in?

--

Cheers,

Dave
wobbly_rider
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: no active mounts.. Reply with quote

Further to the post above - if there's no active mount, does anyone know if the X20's have an "audio out" jack?

I ask as the Rider2 doesn't (apparently) so it won't connect to my bike's intercom system!

thanks
samjohnson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep they have an audio output jack
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Re: no active mounts.. Reply with quote

wobbly_rider wrote:
Further to the post above - if there's no active mount, does anyone know if the X20's have an "audio out" jack?

I ask as the Rider2 doesn't (apparently) so it won't connect to my bike's intercom system!

thanks

It would if your intercom has a BT Interface?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: