Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark Antivirus
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iGO 2006 review
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iGO 2006 review
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maljay48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Editing Philipa Reply with quote

No, that wasn't an exact copy, I just did a quick cut and paste job in wordpad. I have checked and double checked the syntax, but every time I transfer the modified file back to Igo, it just doesn't show up in the languages screen, transfer the original back and Philipa is back in all her glory!!! I actually edit the file in Excel and save it as a csv with no formatting, what do you guys do?

FuzzyDuck
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mal,

I too struggled to get the edited voice/commands working on my Mio C510, but after re-reading the posts again, I realised that it was zipping up of the folders that was the problem and not my editing!

I had used Winzip 9, right-clicked on the Phillipa zip file and chosen "extract to folder v_eng_uk_f1". Inside this folder were the audio and config folders & files that I played with...

My mistake came when I zipped up the folder again. I simply zipped up the v_eng_uk_f1 folder to "v_eng_uk_f1.zip" - WRONG!!! This puts the audio and config folders a level deeper than they should be! 8O

I should have highlighted the audio folder, config folder, flag_gbr.bmp and info.ini and zipped them up (then renamed the file to v_eng_uk_f1.zip)

As soon as I did this Voila! It worked! :D I ended up leaving Philippa in place, and creating "Fran" as v_eng_uk_f2.zip -- after amending the info.ini file too :D I now have 2 ladies working for me -- one that works and another that almost works

...I'm now working on making Fran very bossy -- I'd like to change "Route Recalculation" to "I TOLD YOU WHERE TO GO AND YOU JUST IGNORE ME, TYPICAL!" Wink

Hope that helps!

Proud owner of:
Mio C620t (the new baby) and a Mio C510e
maljay48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fuzzy

I will have another bash tonight and see how I get on.

Cheers

Mal J.

linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:51 am    Post subject: Re: Editing Philipa Reply with quote

maljay48 wrote:
I actually edit the file in Excel and save it as a csv with no formatting, what do you guys do?

That's the problem. Excel will change the syntax even if you save it without formatting. Use a simple text editor, Notepad works fine. I'm sure you'll know how to do this but here it is anyway - Right Click, Open With, Choose Program, Notepad - then just Save, not Save As - since you may end up with a .txt extension.

Regards

Roger
fable
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FuzzyDuck wrote:

Hi Drogg,

Have you had any luck with creating .OGG audio files? A couple of people in the Mio forum have said that they haven't been able to create compatible .ogg files as yet... if you've found an editor that gets the format right, I'd love to give it a go :D

Thanks

Edit in wav and convert to ogg with oggenc2.
maljay48
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Editing Reply with quote

Fuzzy, Roger

You were both right, not only had I cocked up the zipping but excel was also a problem too. Philippa now does as she's told!! Wish the wife did!!

I think I might have a dabble with the colour schemes now. I don't know what you guys think, but I'm not keen on any of the colour schemes, not enough contrast between the route marking and the road colours for my liking. That was one of the few things that I liked about Co-Pilot, it was relatively easy to set the colours exactly how you wanted them. Shame about the bugs!!

thanks for your help

mikeycrawford
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second AnarchyUK's call for the amended .zip file to be uploaded somewhere. I tried making the changes suggested, and only succeeded in killing the voice, and making the IGO run at a snails pace.

TIA

Mike
JesusPassion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can some of the experts explain in detail how to interpret the code in commands.csv?? I would like to modify the announcements for The Netherlands as people are complaining about this.
It would be very nice and helpfull if some of you experts would like to do this.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JesusPassion wrote:
Can some of the experts explain in detail how to interpret the code in commands.csv?? I would like to modify the announcements for The Netherlands as people are complaining about this.
It would be very nice and helpfull if some of you experts would like to do this.

There is no definitive guide for modifying these files. Most of the modifications were to small sections of the files and were by trial and error. To write a detailed guide one would need to understand the full syntax of the files which I don't think anyone outside of the iGO team does. If you read pages 2 and 3 of this posting you should find enough information to carry out some simple modifications but that, I'm afraid, is as far as it goes.

Regards

Roger
JesusPassion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
JesusPassion wrote:

There is no definitive guide for modifying these files. Most of the modifications were to small sections of the files and were by trial and error. To write a detailed guide one would need to understand the full syntax of the files which I don't think anyone outside of the iGO team does. If you read pages 2 and 3 of this posting you should find enough information to carry out some simple modifications but that, I'm afraid, is as far as it goes.

Regards

Roger

Thanks.
I will try to modify by trial and error.
Btw. Is user 'fable'not from iGo??
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JesusPassion wrote:

Yes, Fable is from iGO. Why do you ask ??

Regards

Roger
JesusPassion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linknet wrote:
JesusPassion wrote:

Regards

Roger

He should be able to give detail info about the commands.csv file, I thought.
linknet
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JesusPassion wrote:
linknet wrote:
JesusPassion wrote:

Regards

Roger

He should be able to give detail info about the commands.csv file, I thought.

Then you would need to put that question directly to the developers, you know where Wink

Roger
JesusPassion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Who can give me a whole modified commands.csv which I can use in The Netherlands??

Thnx in adv.
Appletom
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a brand new Mio 310x owner (my first GPS) and I wanted to pop in here and say "Thank You!" for a great forum. I plan on slowly trying to modify my files to eliminate the last verbal turn instruction and a few other things.

It appears there are a large number of knowledgeable and helpful people here at Pocket GPS World, and I am sure I will be browsing your forums with regularity, taking more than I contribute, so I wanted to say hello, thank you, and give a loud "WOW" to the site.

Any advice for someone before he starts making changes to files? I'm sure I will make many errors in the beginning, probably kill the system requiring a complete reload of the software, but it will be fun.

Thanks again from El Paso, Texas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> NavNGo iGO All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: