Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PREVIEW COMMENTS: Pretec
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PREVIEW COMMENTS: Pretec
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: PREVIEW COMMENTS: Pretec Reply with quote

Cesco, I don't have a Pretec here, but I've got some detailed notes I made with screenshots, so when I get back tonight I'll dig these out and post a screenshot here on what you should be expecting to see with the Pretec, and give you a little more advice. The low down is you should be seeing something back with the GPSDemo. If you're not getting anything back, this might be the problem.

Also are you running the Pretec card as in the review, or are you running the LP (Low Powered) edition. I'm not sure if teh GPSDemo will work in the LP as we haven't had an LP unit yet to test.
Cesco
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:04 am    Post subject: PREVIEW COMMENTS: Pretec Reply with quote

Well now I've receive Pretec support and I've received the file requested, GPSdemo, the story do not change I've ever the message "Can't find GPS module", now I know that the GPSdemo is ok, and I have a lot of explanations and material, but a sky with many clouds so I don't know again if the truble is in the compact flash Pretec or in my Cassiopeia 200I, that recognize the card on IRQ 5, but in fact they can connect corretly otherwise the led on the card do not flash while I try to see the satellites.

The package contains Autoroute 2002 (I've already dowload a lot of maps from the M$ site) and Tom Tom city maps, I'm only waiting to fix the problem, to begin to test the products.

Thanks for the file of the Ipaq, I've try to use it without success, but Yesterday in the evening the sky was too covered (can be a great problem for the first test from that I've read), now I'm going to pass the rest of the week with the correct file waiting a little of sun (I'm travelling with the external antenna).

Wow I wasted my time for this card, I hope that mine is not defective...

Good Week end and many thanks again

Francesco

Francesco
Dave
Frequent Visitor

That was the response I got back, but I have got full language support installed.

My apologies for the broken link, I have been moving some files around and placed them elsewhere on the server. Try now, I've just tested and downloads are good.

What GPS application are you looking to use with the Pretec ? Apart from inserting the card, there's no drivers to install, I just used the drivers that were in TomTom Navigator as this was the application of choice for me when testing and it worked a dream. I haven't tried the bundled AutoRoute package with the Pretec card.
Cesco
Occasional Visitor

Hi Dave

Pretec answer to me that the pdf files are not currupted, because they require only the installation of the chinese support for the acrobat reader, ok can be, but the do not give to me a link to download it...

I've request it for the third time.

The page of the Pretec FAQ do not give to me a link to dowload the program, and for finish also the link of the dowload page on the PocketGPS server is broken, it originally link the copy for the IPAQ, but the original file is losed...

The show must go on... If is possibile to recover the file on your server is a great thing because I think to send the file to the other buyer of the bundle in Italy, I think that a lot of people (the bundle was on a very popular site) has my same problem and is really disappointed, now I'm only resigned, but I hope again...

By and thanks to all

Francesco

Francesco
Dave
Frequent Visitor

Cesco, the FTP site given is a real pain and doesn't work all that well. I tried to use it within Internet Explorer, and it kept failing repeatedly for me, in the end I used an FTP client and tried to enter the address in, it worked, but the download speeds were so slow, at that rate it would have taken about 3 days to download a small file, and it kept timing out corrupting the exe . In the end I managed to download it from Pretec's US website, but it is a mess trying to find the link, and subsequently I cannot find the download link again, a link is up on our Downloads Page to a locally stored version on our server. It's a shame, because the Pretec GPS Receiver is quite good.
vaman
Occasional Visitor

Cesco,

I am not sute what download you are after, and I assume you are talking about the standard CF (not LP version).

The Demo file is available via the Pretec site

http://www.pretec.com/faq/GPSDemo_Install.htm

I do not know if it works though.

Vaman
Cesco
Occasional Visitor

I've bought this GPS in Italy, but I wasted my time for try to start it with a GPSdemo currupted, the exe start and for this reason I've thought that the program was ok.

I've also written to Pretec 2 times, and I'm waiting an answer, the link ftp://ftp.c1tech.com.tw/FAE_Support require a login and do not works with an anonymous log...

Talking with the help of someone I've discovered that often the know less of the customer and in fact I don't know again how and where to dowload the program, and I must think that I'm not the only one in this situation, when an answer to the comsumers ?

Someone know which is the page of the pretec site to dowload the program ? I've not found it for the moment, perhaps is not so evident...

A big thank to Dave Burrows and to the site manager (the only I've found with an answer), so I do not lose more time on this bug.

Each suggestion will be appreciate...

By and good work

Cesco

P.s. Excuse my poor english

Francesco

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: