Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - GPS Bundle Purchase advice please?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

GPS Bundle Purchase advice please?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Happie_Chappie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:49 pm    Post subject: GPS Bundle Purchase advice please? Reply with quote

I want Sat Nav and have decided I may be better off buying a PDA rather than a stand alone system?
I was thinking of a HP1710(?) + Tom Tom 3 + Car Kit (Wired rather than Bluetooth).

Does anyone know where I can just walk in and buy it rather than buying online? I really do like the 'hands on' shopping experience rather than ordering and waiting (which will seem like ages over a bank holiday weekend).

So can anyone recommend a shop? Best Price.....? Rolling Eyes
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Bundle Purchase advice please? Reply with quote

Welcome

Happie_Chappie wrote:
So can anyone recommend a shop?

It's pretty hard to do without knowing where you are! Wink

I visited the showroom for http://www.gpsw.co.uk/ once and they have a vast array of all manner of GPS systems and folks who can tell you all about them. Check out the sponsors who advertise on PocketGPSWorld and see if any of them have a showroom near you (and if they are open during the weekend).

I wouldn't bother with Halfords/PC World/Dixons/Maplin as they are normally staffed by a bunch of muppets with no clue what they are talking about, their prices are over the top and all they are interested in is selling you an extended warranty. Rolling Eyes
Happie_Chappie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Re: GPS Bundle Purchase advice please? Reply with quote

Skippy wrote:
Welcome

It's pretty hard to do without knowing where you are! Wink

I wouldn't bother with Halfords/PC World/Dixons/Maplin as they are normally staffed by a bunch of muppets with no clue what they are talking about, their prices are over the top and all they are interested in is selling you an extended warranty. Rolling Eyes

I'm in the Medway Towns, Kent (UK).

Exactly why I'm asking here, I cannot stand the Dixon Group & thier extended warranties when I tried claiming last year for a Digital Camera they wriggled & wriggled to avoid paying out.......!
Skippy
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 1:25 pm    Post subject: Re: GPS Bundle Purchase advice please? Reply with quote

Happie_Chappie wrote:
I'm in the Medway Towns, Kent (UK).

OK, you may want to make the trip to the GPS Warehouse showroom: http://www.gpsw-support.co.uk/showroom.htm (they are only open Mon-Fri)

It's a fairly quiet shop on an industrial estate and since you are traveling a fair distance, it would be best to phone before you go to make sure someone will be there to give you an in-depth demonstration of a number of sat-nav systems.

There are lots of other retailers advertising on this website, check them out too - there might be a closer/better one.
Dave
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Showroom is open from 9:30am to 5pm. If you're coming in around lunch time, it's best to phone first to make sure someone will be around to answer your questions.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: