Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Is the upgrade worth it?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the upgrade worth it?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lutz - any chance of those macros etc you alluded to. I would to make a start on some POI for D3.

Surprised nothing has appeared on the D3 site itself.
DocInTheBox
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone point me to a link to the german websites that have speed camera databases for D3? I don't read any german, so I probably won't find it myself.

Danke.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, been busy with other stuff.

Have a look here

http://www.pocketnavigation.de/board/tid39506-sid.htm

and here (requires registration)

http://www.af-network.de/cms/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=29&func=selectfolder&filecatid=8

By the way, the OV2 format is described in the TomTom Navigator SDK.

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My German is not good enough either - but I gather there is some form of TT3 convertor to D3 program within the site Lutz referenced. There is also a ZIP file of German Aldi stores which is about the point I gave up.

Would there be a problem with sticking the correct .exe file on pocketgps download area?

This would really re-vitalise the D3 community.
lbendlin
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jellied wrote:

Would there be a problem with sticking the correct .exe file on pocketgps download area?

I assume the germans would not like that. We will have to come up with our own solution. As I said I can't spend much time on it but I'd be willing to consult with the design. It really is not complicated at all. Any voulnteers? Oldie?

Report Map Errors here:
TomTom/TeleAtlas NAVTEQ
fordten7w
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Q3 2004 maps Reply with quote

GPSinC3 wrote:
Got 3.075 and maps from GPSNow, great service, total $149 incl 3 day shipping, with good $£ rate not a bad price

Installed OK and reloaded maps, I have UK, France, Iberia and cut Benelux to get Belgium on 256 CF card

Also restored my favourites Ok, but forgot history file, and have copied speed cameras from other thread here.

Notice its slow to initially load D3 program, presumably reading all the cameras, but Destirobot which automates the start up still works OK.

Haven't tried on the road yet for alert. New maps Navteq Q3 2004 it says, and it has M6 Toll rd, but you can permanently avoid this like you do with French Autoroutes on toll.

Also U turn on/off selection

Will try out in action and report back for anyone interested.

What is the diference between Q3 2004 maps and Q1 2004 maps as sold at www.destinator1.com I have emailed GPSnow www.buygpsnow.com
and as I already have latest 3.0.75 software which came with old maps just asked for full europe maps only at $99 they replied to say that maps only are Q1 2004 version any one know the difference
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it worth it ? I think so - Bluetooth connection better, you don't have to manually select the device (even if there is only one). Seems quicker to me as well.

If only I could get the POI importer working.
lynnk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the software upgrade ... I was able to do an import of about 250 points that I created in an Excel Spreadsheet and saved as a CVS file .. worked almost perfect. My big disappointment came when I put them in one of the Auto Alert categories and then discovered that the distances that you can set for notification range from 50 to 1000 yards (or meters for metric). The maximum distance is about 1/2 mile ... almost useless if you want to know that you are getting into the vacinity of something that might interest you (say a type of restaurant). If it is more than 1/2 mile off the main highway, you'll never get any notification. An what's with the 50 yards ??? .... I'll be in their parking lot before it would alert me ... way too close. The selections need to change to something more like CoPilot uses that allows you to set numbers like 5 or 10 miles so you know that something is in the general vacinity that you may want to divert to. With only 50 to 1000 yards to select, I'll see it way before the PDA alerts me that it is there.... I'm not blind. Needless to say, I'm disappointed in the Auto Alert feature .. not useful to me. I continue to like my CoPilot better but keep hoping that D3 will someday get something better out there but I'm losing hope. The changes in this upgrade (that we had to pay for) should have just been a free fix for the previous release. Crying or Very sad
jellied
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with the auto-alert feature, but I reckon it's more to do with the speed camera type alert.

I also really wish the favourites could be used in the same way as the standard POIs - in that you can select the one you want to go to based on the distance - ie "Show me the nearest Tesco".
KurBads
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also looking for help on how to use 3.0 (Paradigm) maps on my 3.1 (3.0.75) Destinator. I can install them but when asked to register the system just switches itself off.

any ideas are welcome.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: