Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - viewing wireless cctv on ipaq 3970
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

viewing wireless cctv on ipaq 3970

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zappy61
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: viewing wireless cctv on ipaq 3970 Reply with quote

Does anyone know if it is possible to view a wireless tv camera on the pda maybe with bluetooth? I have a motorhome and I tow a small car and I would like to set up a reversing aid and also have a deco at whats behind when I am towing.
I know I can buy seperate stuff for this but I already have the pda on the dash for navigation.
alix776
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think its possible but a very interseting idea let me know if you manage it

Oh the joys of being a courier.
device Lumia 950 xl
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see possibilities with a wireless webcam and a wireless network, but I have two concerns with that.

The first is a technical one - many webcams use some kind of ActiveX or Java plugin that Pocket Internet Explorer won't support.

The second is somewhat technical - the lag! If you're relying on the camera as a reversing aid, you don't want a lag in the picture, otherwise you'll drive into something before you see it on the camera.

I'd buy something that wires directly to a dedicated display for these reasons. Maybe Alix can give you some pointers - I'm not sure if he has anything like this on his artic.

David
zappy61
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, It just seems a shame that we have the pda with bluetooth sitting on the dash and we can't connect a wireless camera to it, there must be a market for this.
I will keep on searching.
minion
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my father-in-law has a camera on the back of his trailer for reversing. it is hooked up to a dedicated 5" black and white monitor in his cab and is an excellent reversing tool and to see what's behind you on the road.

although it's a bit of an expense if you don't work and live 'on the road'.

i agree with DavidW though about the lag - bluetooth is not ideal for streaming video and your trailer would go bump before you see it on the screen as it will lag well behind realtime.
it's a fantastic idea though, but having studied bluetooth at uni, it isn't up to the job i'm afraid.

the best way to describe it is look at a webcam or a camera phone - there is a slight delay in getting the image up on screen.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> HGV / Motorhome Lounge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: