Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Don't buy Navman from Halfords
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Don't buy Navman from Halfords
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RichJay
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the same answer I had via Navman, they werent to sure? As the software that comes with the ICN510 is the same version (not for retail sale) as that which comes with the ICN650, so they tell me?

So still no definate answer?!?
fleng
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichJay wrote:
No you wouldn't as collectively one person does not represent Porsche nor does one Halfords store represent the hole firm therefore making such a statement could almost be slanderous!

My thread did not make any statement about Halfords, only offered my advice based on my (provable) experience. As I have said before, knowing the law and your rights is no help when you are standing in a store with £500 of useless plastic in your hand.

If I had made a derogatory statement about Halfords that might have been held to be libellous but I don't think slander comes into it. In any case, a defence of privileged comment would be appropriate.
Dennis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: I bought from Halfords Reply with quote

And they pricematched to 449 without a problem as long as the price was within 20 miles of the store - fortunately mine was and saved the hassle of travelling/ordering by post. Very pleasant service in Handforth, Cheshire.

Dennis
Dennis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Replacement with no problem Reply with quote

I spoke to navman about my icn510 it had a fault on keeping the correct time. They told me to take it back to halfords and ask for a replacement. I did and it was exchanged within five minutes with no problems.

Den :-)
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:10 pm    Post subject: Halfords, handforth Reply with quote

Thanks for comments Dennis, have just been to checkout the 510 at Halfords. Noticed the the shelf sticker quoted fitting from 50 pounds 8O
and the a remote was included...presume the remote inclusion is a mistake?
Dennis
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:52 pm    Post subject: Remote Reply with quote

I think they can work off a remote, but none included in the box so far.
jeta1
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 7:27 pm    Post subject: Halfords, Handforth Reply with quote

I've found the 510 at Empire Direct, who have a shop at the top of Kingsway, (A34) Manchester, they are showing the unit 'in stock' at 429.99, I'll see if Halfords will match this!
hmalan
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Update Re: halfords policy Reply with quote

I have no axe to grind with Halfords and I do not work for them or any related company but have this week bought an ICN 510 from PC World rather than Halfords simply because my local branch of Halfords did not have any in stock otherwise I would have bought it from there.

I found the guys at Halfords to be very helpful, including spending time explaining to me how they fit the system into the car (wiring etc), even though the knew that I wasn't likely to buy from them as I had stated that I wanted it asap.

The one comment that was made to me was that if I ordered and then purchased the system from them, and then needed to return it they would only give me a credit note rather than returning my cash.

I was advised that this was because they had been having problems with people purchasing sat nav equipment, registering the software and then returning the equipment.

I do not know enough about this but perhaps this is why cheap software appears to be for sale on Ebay. and I do not know if this was official policy or not.

Regards

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: