Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Getting Kane Car Pilot to see my Ipaq
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Getting Kane Car Pilot to see my Ipaq

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dmet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Getting Kane Car Pilot to see my Ipaq Reply with quote

I have just got a Kane car pilot and I am trying to get it to talk to my Ipaq. I have a 3870 which is fully connected and synchronised to my PC, the jacket is fitted and the 128 Mb CF card is fitted into the jacket. That works fine and I have driven around and it is fully working.

However, when I try to run from the CD, it says that it cannot find the device, make sure it is connected and synchronised. It is the same with the commander.

I am running Windows XP, SP2 installed, I have even tried turning off the firewalls I have running, but to no avail.

Any ideas anyone?

Dave
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could possibly be the RAPI issues with the first version of ActiveSync 3.7.1. Microsoft supposedly fixed the problems (which are actually to do with third party software breaking the rules) in ActiveSync 3.7.1 build 4034 - the latest version of ActiveSync with Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition support.

I haven't yet got round to checking whether the RAPI problems are solved by 3.7.1 build 4034 (AudibleManager doesn't work with the earlier 3.7.1 build). I had downgraded to 3.7, but was forced to upgrade to 3.7.1 build 4034 as I now have a device with the 2003 Second Edition OS.

If you're using ActiveSync 3.7.1 with an earlier build number, download the latest version of ActiveSync from the Microsoft web site and upgrade. If that still doesn't get you working, uninstall ActiveSync and install version 3.7 if you can find it.

David
Dmet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Kane car pilot and Ipaq Reply with quote

I have now uninstalled 3.7.1 and installed 3.7 but still the same message. I have tried phoning Kane but no answer. I have managed to transfer maps onto the data card through a card reader so at least I am on the right map now.

My pocketPC version is 2002 but I guess that shouldn't make a difference.

I have also tried to load the 3D upgrade but to no avail. I will try the customer support some more, but are there any settings in activesync I should be changing?

Dave
Dmet
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Think I fixed it Reply with quote

I have just downloaded activesync 3.6 for this site and I now have communication, have updated to 3D and now sorting the maps. Looks like there are problems with 3.7

Thanks,

Dave
gyro
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of the posts by Dmet I note:

" I have tried phoning Kane but no answer. "

I have given up on trying to get Kane to answer the 'phone and now I've heard a rumour (ONLY A RUMOUR) regarding the company. Has anyone any firm information?

Gyro
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to be careful, because certain device Operating Systems require certain versions of ActiveSync.

If you have Pocket PC 2002, you must use ActiveSync 3.5 or later.

If you have Smartphone 2002 on your device, you must use ActiveSync 3.6 or later.

If you have Pocket PC 2003, you must use ActiveSync 3.7 or later. I think Smartphone 2003 requires 3.7 as well.

If you have Pocket PC 2003 Second Edition, you must use ActiveSync 3.7.1 build 4034 - at the time of writing there is no newer version of ActiveSync.

David
pmcl
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gyro wrote:
In one of the posts by Dmet I note:

" I have tried phoning Kane but no answer. "

I have given up on trying to get Kane to answer the 'phone and now I've heard a rumour (ONLY A RUMOUR) regarding the company. Has anyone any firm information?

Gyro

I have just purchased a Kane system and can't get through by phone or on their website to register and/or get the unlock key. Does anyone have any further info on this please?

pmcl
reefymusic
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Kane Wireless Ltd, the company that licensed and distributed Car Pilot and Kane Navigation for Palm has gone into liquidation. The brand name has been acquired by another company and a new range of products are soon to be available on the Kanegear website. As far as getting unlocked goes, any Kane Car Pilot software is usable without the need to unlock it and SpeedMinder will be unlocked. Kane Navigation for the Palm OS software is possibly a problem area as the new company has no relationship with the software licensee. New unlock codes cannot be generated, there is only a database of previously issued unlock codes available, reminders can be sent if need be to customers who can be proven to have previously registered and simply need reactivation after a PDA fault or hard reset."
From Kane Support...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Destinator All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: