Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - iCN 510 Sounds (Help please)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

iCN 510 Sounds (Help please)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stanshawe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:09 pm    Post subject: iCN 510 Sounds (Help please) Reply with quote

Could anyone tell me please in laymans terms(quite a newbie) if there is any possible way to add my own sounds to 'My POIs'. I have downloaded and entered the safety cameras plus a few other POIs and I have found the sounds on another site for camera warning which again I have downloaded to the desktop PC and they are in Wave Sound, so is there any way I can enter these to my iCN 510 in the appropiate folders (ie. Gatso warning for Gatso etc.) so they operate when approaching cameras instead of the standard chime.
Any info would be appreciated (Keep it simple please)

Many thanks

Rich
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stanshawe,

Have you seen this:

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-navman.php

Regards,

PocketGps

Happy New Year
Pocketgps
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stanshawe,

Sorry I did not read the above link correctly, it does not show you how to use your own sound files.

Regards,

PocketGps

Happy New Year
rockycanal
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Stanshawe,

I have the same problem as the warning chime is not very loud or effective. Some previous topics suggest there is a cosmicl.wav in the directory structure within the ICN510 that can be changed but I cannot find it. What I have discovered is that if you go to the storage card and the MyPOI directory and then look in the INI file associated with your POI you will see it makes reference to a sound file called default.wav. Unfortunately the only default.wav file I can find anywhere is in the Windows directory and this is not the same sound as the chime. However, if you add your own wav file and place it in the MyPOI directory and amend the INI file to point to this new wav your ICN will play the new sound file. Only problem I have found with this is that once the new sound has been played all voice navigation commands stop (apart from the new wav file) so there must be a software hickup somewhere in the code. I'll keep plugging away as there must be a way of getting this sorted.

Regards

Ed
stanshawe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the help everyone, I think it will need a bit more investigation, thanks for your tips anyway.

Happy New Year

Rich
stanshawe
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ed, still haven't had any luck with my Wave sounds, if you do find something let me know.

Cheers

Rich

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: