Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a configurable set of program icons on your Today screen, I suggest you check out Spb Pocket Plus. Whilst it's not free, there's a trial period and if you decide to register it's inexpensive.

I use all the Pocket Plus features on my iPAQ. There's a few more thoughts about it in this post of mine.

David
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info David.

I seem somehow to have managed to get TT3 to start POI so when I start TT3 from the today screen POI runs, when I exit TT3 everything shuts as it should.
UKpostcodes also starts TT3 and the POI also runs from the TT3 start that way so I'm a happy bunny atm Smile

Mike.
Monkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: search without postcode Reply with quote

Hi

I have also bought one of the lidl units. How do you search for an address if you don't have the postcode e.g. rose gardens, cambridge ? The falk software always seems to want a postcode Sad

p.s. what is the cheapest place to buy the brodit holder?

Thanks
Monkey
garyf
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:08 pm    Post subject: GPS Baud rate Reply with quote

Does anyone know whether it's possible to tweak the Baud rate of the internal GPS receiver? and whether there's any benefit of doing so?
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with any SiRFstar IIe/LP based GPS receiver, it's possible to configure either NMEA or SiRF binary mode at a range of port speeds.

However, there's usually little reason to switch away from the default NMEA 4800bps - there's certainly no performance advantage in doing so.

David
badboymick
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: search without postcode Reply with quote

Monkey wrote:
Hi

I have also bought one of the lidl units. How do you search for an address if you don't have the postcode e.g. rose gardens, cambridge ? The falk software always seems to want a postcode

Thanks
Monkey

Just type in the name of the town or city in box that is on the right-hand side of where you type in the postcode.
Monkey
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: search without postcode Reply with quote

badboymick wrote:

Just type in the name of the town or city in box that is on the right-hand side of where you type in the postcode.

I tried that for Cambridge (as a test) and a list of all the postcode districts came up. I then had to choose one before I could pick a street Sad

Or am I doing something wrong !
Richard6992
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, I have just purchased a Typhoon (I think it's a mio clone) with Falk Navigator 2 software which I wish to dump, I have installed TomTom routeplanner V3.1 but the PDA is saying "can't find maps" , I am very good with pc's but PDA's I know very little ....Any Ideas
Lotusman
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!, I was delighted with my Lidl MYGUIDE Navigator till I stumbled on this forum and realised my SD-card was half-size. 512Mb applied for but no result after 13 days - many thanks to those who told us.
I was pleased when I saw all of Europe on-screen till I found they were main routes only - no detail. I'm going skiing etc for all of March and would like to take maps of France and the Alps. Where's the best place to get them. Can anyone advise, please? Can I use maps from another system, maybe? Are there any bargains going?
If I buy in France, say, will they be cheaper/understandable by an Engish idiot? Will the commentary be French?
There is one other small problem. In 'Route Planner' it seems impossible to enter way-points; only a start and finish. I find this most annoying. Am I wrong? Can you plan a route from A to B to C and beyond?
Looking forward to a first (ever) contact. Lotusman
Stumpy21
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as my local Lidl (Exeter) had one of these systems in its latest flyer (half a page) and reading this forum.

I thought I would risk my £199 and try one.

Got to the store 1 hour after opening, "Sorry none left" when asked was told they only had 4 systems to start with!

Not bad for population over 100,000!

They do nothing for customer loyalty with this sort of useless promotion!! Gun Shoot Out
beholder
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I've thrown off the Falk nav software from my Lidl MYGUIDE Navigator and installed Tomtom3. Everything worked fine, but, as others have found, I have less memory available as Tomtom installs to the main menmory and not to the PDA's flash memory (where the Falk navigator used to live)

I have seen a mention of a "registry hack" that enables you to run software from the flask memory (which is currently lying empty) but I cannot find any trace of this.
Can anyone help?
Dennis.
meanie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just got one of these my guide can i install and use TT5 or can i only use TT3?
meanie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also how do i get TT to see the antenna can seem to find com 2
meanie
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its ok TT5 up and running and with 12 extra voices woohoo
KenMavor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the MyGuide 6500xl unit and it works great but am looking to use a POI tool with the Falk Navigator software. Has anyone installed any of the mainstream POI software (Checkpoint, GPSAssist, etc.) on a 6500xl with Falk? IF so did it install OK and does it work?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: