Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

lidl new bundle My Guide 6500xl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnriddell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Also available in Inverness. Reply with quote

Hi folks, I am a store manager for lidl and can confirm that these units are available at the new Inverness store , Telford street.
They are priced at £199 , the same as Oban. This is only a new store opening price though and it wont last for long. Usually we have stock in for around a mojnth before it gets recalled to the warehouse, whereupon it is shipped out to another warehouse in the uk for distribution amongst it's stores, until all stock has sold through.
I purchased one of these items and can say I am very pleased with it, but after reading the posts on here, am giving serious consideration to installing tom tom 3.
I purchased my one on the 22nd of december and can confirm that the store had another 39 units left!
If you seriously want one of these then it may be advisable to talk to your local lidl store manager about arranging a transfer of one of these units.
They should be able to arrange something via the district manager.
Be advised though that our supplying warehouse is Livingston and it distributes to all of Scotland and the north east of england. Transfers would only be able to happen in this area.
All the best!
kevwright
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum and congrats on workign for a good company!

I bought 2 of the 6500 XL from Ipswich when they first came out, and on hearing about the £30 back for each SD card, I was delighted to think I was getting the unit effectvely for £219 each.

Then, I called up and the lady said "we can offer you £30 for each card" and I said "hrmm, can you get a 512mb card for £30"

She said hang on, and a few mins later, she said "I have checked and we will send you £45 for each card you can definately get one for that price"

So I have two units, each of which only owes me £209!!!!!!!

Kev
Roamer
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Another navigator, but from toysrus Reply with quote

Hi, went in to ToysRus, and I was surprised to see a similar pocket pc, like Myguide 6500XL there!!. The only difference it seems to be running Marcopolo software, and the spec says it is 300mzhttp://www.toysrus.co.uk/Product.aspx/TruHome/TruComputers/TruComputersHandheld/783463
zcheema
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, being reading with interest since I purchased my device.
The software seem to be fairly easy to use, the odd glitch but otherwise OK
I have manged to transfer detailed maps over the SD card. The only thing that seems odd ( i am running win98SE @450Mhz) the CD took ages to load and making/converting maps seems to take ages, over a couple of hours (last time over 6)

I found the folder were they are kept on the hard drive (ADRDATA) and manually transfered them to the SD card. The contents of the folder are deleted and updated every time you run the export to the device, if you rename the folder you can always use it again.

The sync with Outlook works well and shows a marker on the maps of your address as you drive around. Could be a way of putting points of interest in, if you do need addresses.

The HELP on the Pocket PC seems slightly different to the manual, in that you should have an additional menu item in your contacts that you can send to Falk, but not seen anything there.
Jas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to delete Falk software first to free up spaces on my memory storage card in order to be able to install TT3 maps ( it requires 100mb but mine has got abt 66mb free available at the mo because Falk maps took the rest of memory)

So when I try deleting Falk from my memory storage card but access denied cos of sharing voliation something like that. I have even tried resetting it and tried to delete it but no luck. It's very stubborn and won't be deleted.

Any ideas how to remove it for good?!...It's doing me head in....

I'd appreciate it if you could direct me how to delete it please.

Thanks and Merry Xmas
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had trouble with removing falk from my flash too, I tried the suggested soft reset then remove and it wouldnt go so did a hard reset. I was then able to delete all the flash files using the pda's own file explorer, not connected through my pc.

HTH

Mike.
Jas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Thanks for your help but I didnt mean Flash Disk as it's not a problem. Memory Card is the problem which I couldnt delete there.

Also, what's the difference between soft and hard reset exactly? and how to do that too?

Thanks
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops, that will teach me to read more carefully having just woken from my after Xmas lunch nap I was obviously still dopey! Embarassed

Soft reset is using the stylus end in the little hole on the left side of the pda, hard reset is using the on/off switch at the back of the pda which will loose any personal data/settings you have put in since you bought it.

I didnt remove Falk from the sd card as I had a spare one to use.

If you do one of the resets above, you should be able to clear the card though as long as you have unlocked it first, you did didnt you? there is a data protect switch on the side of the sd card, its a white bit, slide it to enable delete.

Mike.
Jas
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike

Yeah! u got it!...yeah it worked at last..thanks very much Smile

Installed TT3 and it went fine successfully...one more advice if u dont mind...GPS position is unreliable at the mo so using TomTom Wireless GPS and which one shall I use?- Serial Cable on COM1, COM3, USB Cable, Bluetooth GPS or Serial Cable on SP2?? I cant remember which one I did use for FALK which worked for GPS position.

Hope u could help me out and if so, u'd make my xmas perfect Laughing Out Loud!

Thanks
Jas
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SP2 is the GPS hardware on Mio 168 and clones - so I'd try that.

David
johnriddell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Tomtom 3 probs. Reply with quote

Ok.... here goes. Im having probs installing tom tom 3 on my pda. I've managed to unistall falk form both the flash disc and also the maps etc from the storage card. Now when i go to install tomtom 3 it sets up ok , i pick install tomtom3 and i get the dialogue box saying it will install tom tom 3 , the voice files, th egps files etc , then when setup starts i get a dialogue box tellng me it cant connect to the device! It's driving me insane. I've installed the latest active sync and i have the green connected icon in the in the toolbar. I can also navigate around my pda using my desktop, so no probs there. I went to the tom tom website and picked up the 3.07 update , which installs tom tom 3 on my pda. I can then install the maps on the cf card by placing it in my card reader , as remember its not picking up my pda, and all goes fine.
when i run tom tom 3 i get a warnig telling me that no voice files have been installed so i will not receive audible warnings. Where do i put the voice files?
Any help appreciated.

PPS not i cant reinstall Falk as my. AAGGGHHH.
MikeT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas wrote:
Mike

Yeah! u got it!...yeah it worked at last..thanks very much Smile

Installed TT3 and it went fine successfully...one more advice if u dont mind...GPS position is unreliable at the mo so using TomTom Wireless GPS and which one shall I use?- Serial Cable on COM1, COM3, USB Cable, Bluetooth GPS or Serial Cable on SP2?? I cant remember which one I did use for FALK which worked for GPS position.

Hope u could help me out and if so, u'd make my xmas perfect Laughing Out Loud!

Thanks
Jas

I have mine set to NMEA 083v2 4800 and Serial on SP2

Have a good Xmas :D
DavidW
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnriddell - have you got ActiveSync installed and working properly on your PC? If you haven't, the installer on the CD is not likely to work.

Another mistake, if, like me, you run on Windows XP with restricted privileges, is to accept the suggestion to run an installer as an Administrator if you see a pop-up suggesting this. Run as the current user - otherwise the installer can't communicate with ActiveSync.

You may just find that the installer got far enough for the voice files to be available in Add/Remove Programs in ActiveSync - though, from memory, the link is to the files is to the CD, so you'll need to have the CD in the same drive as your previous install attempts for such an attempt to work.

David
johnriddell
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Thanks Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply!. I think activesync must be the problem. I was trying all this through my new dell desktop and getting these probs. Had a brainwave and tried it all through my laptop instead. Installed the active sync and outlook 2002 on to it, connected up my myguide xl , ran the tom tom disc and it all installed perfectly first time. Was almost moved to tears. Only kidding! Now im off to figure out how to add POI , speed camera things etc that i've seen tutorials on here.
Gotta say that the help i've experienced on this forum is first class.
Keep up the good work everybody :D
gust
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2004 9:02 pm    Post subject: Whitch maps are in the bundle Reply with quote

I have bought my PDA in Austria. Installed are the maps for Austria, Germany, Northern Italy and Switzerland. But I need also Netherland etc... Can someone help me to get the maps or maybe to exchange my to yours. gs15925@gmx.at is my Email Adress. Merry Christmas

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: