Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Wayfinder for SonyEricsson P800/P900
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Wayfinder for SonyEricsson P800/P900
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Wayfinder for SonyEricsson P800/P900 Reply with quote

Wayfinder has just released on Thursday version 3.2 for the UIQ platform.
This version has some huge improvements. It seems that Wayfinder is _now_ developing the UIQ version.

The only thing that is missing which has version 3.5 for the S60 series is the traffic information.

This version has still some bugs...but hopefully they will be fixed very soon.

------
Settings has new layout with tabs.
Optimise the route for time or distance. Set your preference in the route tab (Tools > Settings > Route)
When calculating a route it is possible to avoid motorways or toll roads. Set your preferences on the route tab in the settings (Tools > Settings).
GPS tracking is taking speed and direction into consideration when downloading a map.
------

Billy
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2004 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is traffic information actually working in the UK though? The website only mentions Germany and Sweden for traffic information, so although the feature is missing from the UIQ version, it would appear at this stage to not make any difference in the UK.

Steve
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swing wrote:
Is traffic information actually working in the UK though?

No, it is at the moment only available for Sweden and Germany. This is really a shame that it takes so long before more countries are available. Rolling Eyes

Billy
gregh
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just used this for the 1st time today, and have a few questions/issues:

a) the volume is way too low. I cannot hear directions with the radio on at motorways speeds. It is just audible at slower speeds.

b) I have a hands free Sony car kit. When I'm on a call using the phone kit thru my stereo I get no audible directions at all from Wayfinder.

c) any chance of an ETA display as well as the ETG

regards,

greg
milgo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2004 11:54 pm    Post subject: P900 + Wayfinder Reply with quote

Question: when using Wayfinder on the P900, the flip covers a larg portion of the screen! do you have to have the flip down to see the whole screen or does the map jut fit the area above the flip in the closed position?
Billy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:08 am    Post subject: Re: P900 + Wayfinder Reply with quote

milgo wrote:
Question: when using Wayfinder on the P900, the flip covers a larg portion of the screen! do you have to have the flip down to see the whole screen or does the map jut fit the area above the flip in the closed position?

You use Wayfinder in the flip open mode. If you close the flip then Wayfinder will still works: voice prompt but you cannot see anything.

There is no mapview or anything else in the flip closed mode.

Billy
milgo
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply Billy. I there a specific in car holder for the P900? where can i purchase one? Is this the setup that you use or have used if so would you recommend it or any other? I have just noticed that Tom Tom do a package for mobiles but I don't think it works with the P900?
dannyoneill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2005 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished a review of Wayfinder.

Please remember it does say it has my personal thoughts.

It is not a comparison to other sat navs, its just me, using wayfinder and what I think. There is some comparison to other sat navs but those are my thoughts.

Thing to remember, I wanted sat nav. I didnt want any other devices, I only have a P900 so TomTom and Route66 were out of the question.

Enjoy.

http://uk.geocities.com/dannyoneill/Wayfinder_Review_v452.pdf
woody67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about the P900, but on the p910 the sound is inaudiable. Very hard to hear with the engine off, and impossible when driving.
dannyoneill
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you got the latest voices pack? i have the volume in both the app and on the phone set to max
woody67
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just using the trial at the moment, and both volumes are at max.

I don't know about the latest voices pack, but I only downloaded the trial yesterday, and its installed in the phones main memory.

I'll give it another go with the phone off the holder, as this may be muffling the rear speaker.
sealion
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To reply to the question of a car mount, yes there is a very good one specifically made for the 900 made by Sony Ericcson. Look on the their web site for details. I just clip the phone onto it and it has a built in facility to connct the car charger. There is also provision for a spare stylus at the back. I used a Brodit mount to fix the whole thing onto. There is also a cut-out at the back to allow the speaker to be heard correctly. Well worth the money in my opinion.
As to the Wayfinder system. I stopped using it after a month for one reason mainly. If your phone goes out of signal range of a transmitter so does your routing. Also used it in France and the roaming charges were astronomical.
I bought a Navman and it has never let me down in the UK or abroad.
cootuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesn't it carry on ok if you stay on route if you lose signal?...plus i know orange abroad are 10GBP/mb roaming so you need to plan ahead.
ramzez
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it needs signal only for rerouting and you can now download maps to reduce charges. personally i found wayfinder to be more precise and tomtom
cootuk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for me TomTom has too many charges and is too expensive to keep running, Route66 has poor maps for a P900 as they are split, wayfinder seems a good compromise if they get traffic info correct - but saying that i was in a jam for half an hour this morning that trafficmaster didn't pick up

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: