Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - CSV Export of Tracks
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

CSV Export of Tracks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wingnut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2004 11:43 pm    Post subject: CSV Export of Tracks Reply with quote

I've only just found this forum; it'll make a change from the official MM site.

I've asked several times on that forum why I can't export tracks in CSV format. Only one post got through the administrator but never got answered. Justin promised that the latest upgrade would enable the export but it just does not work. If only 1 track is visible, Export Visible just creates an empty file. Exporting All gives all the other stuff but no tracks.

Any one out there having the same problem?

I need these exporting because I use the TomTom BT GPS and can only get at the tracks through MM. I want to be able to display them in other apps like CompeGPS, a package that shows the tracks in 3D against a 3D relief map. I fly a paraglider cross country so this give an excellent presentation of my flights.

Until MM provides the said output, I have written an Excel macro that just about recovers the track from a single track MMO file. Any one can have it if they message me.
TC
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried this with just one of my many tracks (hiding all but one) and I get all the icon (BMP) file information, but just like you no track data - guess its broken!
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: CSV Export of Tracks Reply with quote

Wingnut wrote:
I've only just found this forum; it'll make a change from the official MM site.

I've asked several times on that forum why I can't export tracks in CSV format. Only one post got through the administrator but never got answered. Justin promised that the latest upgrade would enable the export but it just does not work. If only 1 track is visible, Export Visible just creates an empty file. Exporting All gives all the other stuff but no tracks.

Any one out there having the same problem?

I need these exporting because I use the TomTom BT GPS and can only get at the tracks through MM. I want to be able to display them in other apps like CompeGPS, a package that shows the tracks in 3D against a 3D relief map. I fly a paraglider cross country so this give an excellent presentation of my flights.

Until MM provides the said output, I have written an Excel macro that just about recovers the track from a single track MMO file. Any one can have it if they message me.

If you have a log file that is a stream of NMEA statements then have a look at my LogConverter program in the Programs area of http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com It will convert TomTom .pgl files to various formats.

Whilst you are there look at POIConverter too :D

Richard
Wingnut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:52 am    Post subject: TomTom GPS Track LOG with MMN Reply with quote

Richard

Tried getting a track log but could not with MMN running.

Sad

Graham
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

I assumed that you were using your TomTom BT GPS with TT Navigator on a PDA and that you were recording the track on the PDA. This will result in a log file (*.pgl) which you can transfer to the PC and convert using LogConverter.

However, if you are using the TomTom BT GPS to record a track straight into MM on a laptop then LogConverter will not help. If this is your setup then you can export the track in Maptech format (which my POIConverter will read) but you will only get the track, no altitude or time. So you really do need MM to add Track export to a CSV file. And whilst they are doing that they should add Route export as well :D

Richard
Oldie
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graham,

If you are using a PocketPC, and I guess that you are if you are paragliding, then you could use Franson GpsGate to log your flight. It will create a NMEA file which could be converted to the new format. No need to run MM on the Pocket PC whilst flying.

Also have you seen http://coutraci.free.fr/index-us.html

Richard
Wingnut
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2004 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard

I like to see the map while flying although in truth, with sun specs and sun shine the PDA screens are not that good! It did get me safely down through cloud once though, when flying at Olu Deniz in Turkey.

I have written an Excel macro that gets the track out of MMN but am worried that the bizarre format of the MMO file may change on the next, or later, upgrade. I really wish CSV Track Export just worked.

Thanks for the other pointers they are food for thought.

Graham

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: