Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Connect 3
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Connect 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
raburton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:56 am    Post subject: Nissan Connect 3 Reply with quote

I have a Connect 3, which is able to take user supplied POIs, but the compatibility table specifically lists Connect 3 as unsupported. So my question is simple - can I use the pocketgpsworld database on on my device?
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd be better on a Nissan forum.

One point to note is that many built in system POI additions are just markers for navigation purposes.

Speed camera POI's are different in that they need an advance warning system that most don't cater for.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
raburton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this was the Nissan Connect forum for PocketGPSWorld? Surely this is the best place to find out about compatibility between the two?

The Nissan Connect 3 does give a warning, at a user selectable distance, for the uploaded POIs. As far as I can tell it is designed to allow custom speed camera databases to be uploaded, exactly as you'd need. Yet, for some reason it's listed an incompatible in the table.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if there has been a firmware update then to allow POIs?

Does the guide for Connect (https://www.pocketgpsworld.com/uksafetycameras-nissan-connect.php) work then for Connect 3?

Typically I cannot find it now but I'm pretty certain there's a forum post from a couple of years ago that stated that Connect 3 removed the option to add POIs.

Happy to change the compatibility chart if this is no longer the case! Also, could do with knowing how to add them (if it differs from the guide linked to above)

MaFt
raburton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated the firmware to the latest, but it's always been an option on mine because I did briefly play with it when I got the car about 4 years ago.

I don't have your database to test, but the sample Nissan database from scdb.info imports fine. Interestingly, on that site they mention "Nissan Connect 3" works, but "Nissan Connect 3 (MY2019)" does not https://www.scdb.info/en/installation-nissan-connect/ so there might be more than one model of head unit calling itself a Connect 3 - not very helpful.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raburton wrote:
so there might be more than one model of head unit calling itself a Connect 3 - not very helpful.

Doesn't surprise me...!
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the lack of SD Card slot is the limiting factor (and the only real difference between the two models)
raburton
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2021 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I suspect this newer version has internal map storage and updates via usb stick, rather than swapping out the sd card with a new one. The navigation looks quite different from that second image as well, so I don't know who calls this model Connect 3, but I suspect it's totally different and should be called Connect 4. Also worth noting there are lots of different facias. My real Connect 3 doesn't look like either of those (it looks exactly like a Connect 2!) and has no label on that bottom right knob. I think the only real way to tell is to look up the part number of the sd card in it, or note the lack of sd card for "Connect 4".
geejay38
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:28 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect downloads Reply with quote

I have a 2019 Nissan Qashqai and the Connect system is not fitted with a SD Card.
The maps are now provided by Tom Tom and updates are done via the Nissan App called Map Update Tool and a USB memory device or by connecting the vehicle to a wi-fi network.
Therefore it would appear there is no way details of speed cameras can be loaded on to the Nissan Tom Tom system so a mobile phone will have to be used.
If the speed camera details can still be downloaded I would be most grateful if someone could explain how it is done.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: