Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Specs warnings
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs warnings
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject: Specs warnings Reply with quote

Specs 202161/202163 are now on the CamerAlert database and I passed through the zone yesterday. The first camera triggered a specs alert and the vehicle speed and average speed appeared on the screen but a few hundred yards further on both speeds disappeared. Unfortunately, I didn't return by the same route so couldn't check how it worked in the opposite direction.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see 202160 thru 202163 on Luton Rd / Bedford Rd

They look OK with no intermediate cancel points so should have remained active between the 2.

@MaFt, I can't see any dummy off points on any of the side roads like Duck End Lane or Cotton End Rd.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
I can see 202160 thru 202163 on Luton Rd / Bedford Rd

They look OK with no intermediate cancel points so should have remained active between the 2.

@MaFt, I can't see any dummy off points on any of the side roads like Duck End Lane or Cotton End Rd.

You mention 202160 not 202161 so there may be three camera numbers but only two cameras.. I submitted these cameras and later added photos and more accurate coordinates which may account for the different camera numbers and, if so, is there now a conflict creating a false cancel point?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: Specs warnings Reply with quote

b33jay wrote:
Specs 202161/202163 are now on the CamerAlert database and I passed through the zone yesterday. The first camera triggered a specs alert and the vehicle speed and average speed appeared on the screen but a few hundred yards further on both speeds disappeared. Unfortunately, I didn't return by the same route so couldn't check how it worked in the opposite direction.

When you say that both speeds disappeared that, to me, implies that the GPS location was lost. If it was just that the average speed disappeared but still showed you current speed then that would be when you hit the end camera (or a marker on a side street to turn them off).
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs warnings Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
b33jay wrote:

When you say that both speeds disappeared that, to me, implies that the GPS location was lost. If it was just that the average speed disappeared but still showed you current speed then that would be when you hit the end camera (or a marker on a side street to turn them off).

An update after a trip through Wilstead today.

1st run northbound:
Got a verbal warning"average speed cameras" then the two average speed icons appeared on screen. After several hundred yards both icons disappeared and the screen showed no camera info.

2nd run southbound:
No camera warning

3rd run northbound:
Average speed camera verbal warning and two average speed icons appeared on screen. These remained on screen until I cancelled them at the A6/A421 junction 1½ miles past the second camera.

4th run southbound: no camera warning at all.

There are two fixed cameras 383/386 on the A6 bypass very close to the average speed camera 202161 would these be having any effect? They appear on CamerAlert so it's unlikely to be a GPS reception problem two hundred yards way.

I also had a drive tound Bedford and the four sets of average cameras appeared as normal on CamerAlert.
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall take a drive out to Wilstead this weekend and have a look and see what my CamAlert says.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Specs warnings Reply with quote

Just to clarify:

"the two average speed icons appeared on screen. After several hundred yards both icons disappeared"

Do you mean the yellow specs icons that show the location of the cameras on the map? Or do you mean the current speed and average speed at the top left of the screen? If the former then that is intended behaviour - the icons go off the screen and you get the average speed in the top left to monitor - that will beep if you have overspeed warnings on and you go over either the speed or the average speed.

I have tweaked the angles for the 2 most northerly cameras. However I cannot see why they wouldn't alert southbound nor end the average speed northbound.

Can you go to the 'manage cameras' and see if you have any of your own cameras on there? If so then delete them and also re-download the database to pull in the directional changes I've just made.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beep ?

On my Android CA I'm sure it constantly warns say '50', '50', '50' until I drop to or below 50, or whatever speed.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Specs warnings Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Just to clarify:

"the two average speed icons appeared on screen. After several hundred yards both icons disappeared"

Do you mean the yellow specs icons that show the location of the cameras on the map? Or do you mean the current speed and average speed at the top left of the screen? If the former then that is intended behaviour - the icons go off the screen and you get the average speed in the top left to monitor - that will beep if you have overspeed warnings on and you go over either the speed or the average speed.

I have tweaked the angles for the 2 most northerly cameras. However I cannot see why they wouldn't alert southbound nor end the average speed northbound.

Can you go to the 'manage cameras' and see if you have any of your own cameras on there? If so then delete them and also re-download the database to pull in the directional changes I've just made.

Yes, current speed and average speed digits.

TWO most northerly cameras? Question

There is one camera at each end of the village and both are bi-directional!

I haven't ever had any of my own cameras on CamerAlert.

I'll update but next run may be next week. Perhaps Marksfish may reveal more info when he does his run.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at the area in question there are 2 cameras at each end in the database.

That's why I quoted the 4 numbers.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And if you get the app Mock Locations (fake GPS path) {Android}, you can simulate a route and don't even have to move beyond your couch.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Specs is being cancelled fairly soon after it's being triggered then something is wrong somewhere.

I'd be looking at my Android settings to see if CA has been flagged as not being allowed to run in the background or is being 'optimised', etc.

I'm going to be driving on the M4 a few times next week from junctions 3 to 10, and back. Not sure if any of this smart motorway roadworks are active yet but if so I'll see how mine performs.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
b33jay
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kremmen wrote:
If you look at the area in question there are 2 cameras at each end in the database.

That's why I quoted the 4 numbers.

Ah, apologies Although there is only one actual camera at each end it needs two virtual cameras to cover the two way operation?

Had to go back to Bedford today to return faulty goods so yet another trip through Wilstead. I use CA on a phone permanently mounted on the dash. This time I also used my regular phone which has CA installed but has not been updated for over 10 days.

Northbound both phones gave the average speed camera warning. Vehicle speed and average speed appeared top left on both screens and remained there until passing the second camera at end of the village

On return southbound the updated in-car phone showed the warning and then both speeds on screen but the regular phone showed nothing. I then updated the regular phone and returned to the A6 and made another run southband and this time both phones gave the warning and showed the two speeds on screen.

Seems whatever was the problem has been sorted. Thank you
marksfish
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need for me to go then? It was on my "to do" list today.

Mark
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Specs warnings Reply with quote

b33jay wrote:
TWO most northerly cameras? Question

There is one camera at each end of the village and both are bi-directional!

We can't use 'reversible' cameras in CamerAlert for START or END cameras so we add a duplicate to cover a reversible camera. Hence 2 camera icons at each end of the stretch.

b33jay wrote:
I haven't ever had any of my own cameras on CamerAlert.

It was just something to check in case you'd submitted them via the app.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: