Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Ash10's Camera Manager Software
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Ash10's Camera Manager Software
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stuartb
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. Ash stopped supporting it some time back.

There are another couple of programs from Kremen and dales (forgive me if I've attributed incorrectly) which do similar-ish things.

One allows you to have directional warnings (i.e. the audible warning will be different depending on the direction of the camera) and the other does quite a few things but principally allows more control over the warning distance.

You can find them here:-

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=96612&highlight=csv+converter

and

http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=91951&highlight=csv+converter

If you don't need these features, then although I agree Ash's Camera Manager was a great, simple way to update, then manual doesn't take long. If you're only updating every three years, a couple more minutes probably won't hurt :-)

Stuart
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you get the hang of those two programs, it takes minimal effort to transfer the result to your Garmin using POI Loader.
You run the CSV Direction converter. This 'automatically' downloads the Camera Manager3 database (which contains the directional data), unzips it, then converts the filenames to the correct format with the North, South, East and West tags for Kremmen's CSV to GPX Converter. This allows you to filter various cameras and gets rid of the 'duplicate warnings' that the Garmin gives for adjacent cameras, and lots of other stuff.
The latter program's .zip file also contains the necessary .bmp and .wav files, and also includes the correct version of sox.exe required for Gamin/POI Loader to understand .wav files.
About the only thing that's missing (pay attention K) is a button to run POI Loader from the CSV to GPX converter, making the whole setup about three clicks away.
The two progs are brilliant for Garmin owners to get the very best that can be achieved when using Garmin devices.

And why the hell would you only update once every three years when the camera database changes weekly? Rolling Eyes
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep that POILoader trigger in the queue and remind me when the decoratings finished.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could be a long time the way you are doing it at the moment. Sanding your fingers to the bone is never a good idea K. Still, as the Barley Pickers say. "Proper job."
willton
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Completed in 3 seconds Reply with quote

Interestingly, tonight I have set Camera Manager to update and it has done it in 3 seconds rather than 10 mins as before. Not sure when i last checked the timing but it might be due to Windows 10 Creator Update a short while ago.

Go Ash!!
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Ash10's Camera Manager has stopped working. Reply with quote

I tried to use Ash10's camera manager as normal but i keep being prompted with "Cannot connect to PocketGPSWorld". I have Automatically log in settings set up on the camera manager & I have even logged onto PGPSW manually & it still won't connect. I have switched my internet off & back on again & my internet is working fine. I have even rebooted the camera manager many times but no joy?
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PGPSW had major server issues a few days ago. I wonder if ?this could be the cause of your problem. When did it last connect successfully
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When the site went down my Converter had problems launching as one of the first things it does is compares the local database date with the server one. When the site came back so did the Converter launch (something I need to look at).

I don't know how Ash connects but as there are a few things still not working my guess is he used a route in that's now broken, unless it's still working for others.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT it last connected successfully at the end of May the last time i used it. The sever problems PGPSW had is probably the issue & Kremmen has said a route in Ash used could now be broken. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem i have with the camera manager.
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be the key, is it broken across the board.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is a problem across the board Kremmen then Ash10's camera manager is rendered useless.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odd, it should work as it uses the same download method as Kremmen's app...

MaFt
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case it should work, as I updated my DS61 via the Converter link last Friday, after the site recovery, without issue.

Strange.
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
mars.1
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone else still use Ash10's camera manager & have they used it without problem's since PGPSW sever problems?
BAVC10
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I still use Ash10's Camera Manager and it worked on the release today (3/7/19) as usual.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 76 of 77

Jump to: