Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - go 5000 favourites disappeared on my places
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

go 5000 favourites disappeared on my places

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject: go 5000 favourites disappeared on my places Reply with quote

As it says. Mystery, all my favourites I have saved on my places have vanished!

When I log on to pc the favourites are there, i just cant see them on the device when its in the car. Scary as i have some good saved favourites. Any idea how to view them please?

Cheers.

Alan Mac
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you logged into MyDrive on the device?
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Are you logged into MyDrive on the device?

Yes. as i say in the car the favourites have vanished. Bring the device indoors and connect to my drive they are all there. I just cant see them on the device in the car. Is it possible for me to save the favourites on to pc then transfer them back on to the device?

Cheers fir the reply.

ATVB.

Alan
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure whether this helps:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/15190?_ga=1.194851757.1050804964.1446040827

Also, see this:
http://download.tomtom.com/open/manuals/new_GO/html/en-gb/index.htm#Savingandrestoringyourpersonalnavigationinformation-MyDrive-CONNECTED.htm
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply. Im afraid Im still stuck. When you log in to my routes you can see all the favourites saved. When you go to my places ON THE DEVICE, it is not there! Driving me nuts as I have saved some really good locations. I have asked on Tom Tom Community and they suggest make sure your logged on to my drive.

Cheers.

Alan
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Whilst you can import POIs and .gpx files into your MyDrive account, I don't think that you can export anything from MyDrive.

How many favourites do you have, 10s, 100s, or 1,000s?

If nobody can come up with a way to export data from the MyDrive account then your only option is to manually go through your favourites on your MyDrive account to obtain the data to create a master list of POIs which you can keep on your computer.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Robert I have about 80 favourites. Ive tried following the advice on tom tom manage community content. I just cant get that to work it says about right clicking ?? cant figure out what that is?

Its on the Route Planner, you can see them all still there, as i say they are invisible on the device when you plug it into the car!

Cheers for the reply.

ATVB.

Alan
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

Firstly we need to work out which MyDrive (or MyDrives) that you have and are using. As far as I know, there are two separate TomTom items that have the MyDrive name:

1. MyDrive Connect, a Windows or Mac program that you use to manage your content and services on your TomTom navigation device. Previously you would have used TomTom Home to work with older PNDs.

2. TomTom MyDrive (website), you can add favourites via the interactive map and synch them to your device as well as plan routes. See: https://mydrive.tomtom.com

I feel that I need to advise you that I'm running TomTom GO Mobile iOS on my iPhone, which doesn't work with MyDrive (website) as well as it should and therefore I can't replicate issues that PNDs such as your GO 5000 have. Also, I have never used the MyDrive Connect programme because it isn't needed when using TomTom GO Mobile iOS.

So, do you use MyDrive Connect and/or TomTom MyDrive (website)?

perthroad wrote:
Its on the Route Planner, you can see them all still there, as i say they are invisible on the device when you plug it into the car!

This sounds like TomTom MyDrive (website) but can you plan routes in MyDrive Connect?

It sounds like you have a synchronisation issue that is stopping your favourites from appearing on your GO 5000. In your first post, you mentioned that the favourites have vanished so does that mean that you used to have them appear on your GO 5000?

Are you using the same user id and password in MyDrive and your GO 5000? This may be why your favourites no longer synchronise.

perthroad wrote:
Hi Robert I have about 80 favourites. I've tried following the advice on tomtom manage community content. I just can't get that to work it says about right clicking ?? can't figure out what that is?

Right-clicking normally means selecting on the screen using the right button on your computer's mouse.

You have about 80 favourites, which isn't too many. I still recommend that you back up your favourites so that you don't rely on TomTom. If you use MyDrive Connect then there should be a way to save your favourites as a file. If you only use MyDrive Website then there may be a way to obtain the longitude and latitude coordinates of each of your favourites when you examine the favourites URL in your computer's web browser. However, this will be time-consuming.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers for the advice.

I have cracked it and I'm not quite sure how i managed it!

As I said you can see them on Route Planner, I right clicked on favourites and something came on the screen which i clicked. When I put the device back in the car, there they were reappeared!

Cheers for the replies.

ATVB.

Alan
Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alan,

That's excellent news that you have got your favourites working on your GO 5000! Thumbs Up

However, since the days of NAV2 PNDs and even before, i.e. over 15 years now, the recommendation is to use .ov2 POI categories instead of favourites because favourites can be lost.

In newer devices, whilst you can synchronise things so there is a backup, I still recommend that you back up things so should something go wrong you still have your POIs via a means independent of TomTom.

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
perthroad
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Robert good advice many thanks.

Kind regards

Alan

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: