Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - RAC DashCams Use PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Alerts
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

RAC DashCams Use PocketGPSWorld Speed Camera Alerts
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
woodbar
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, only to be expected!

I am sorry but advertising a product with a unique and valuable USP (PGPSW data) and then not supporting or providing updates for it as advertised and stated on their web site is basically fraudulent.

The enhanced prices charged for the cameras are therefore not justified and it is a shame that it denegrates the excellent PGPSW database by association.

The "standard" reply basically means "we don't have anyone in customer support so go away"!

Disgraceful.
mikeharris
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I got a reply! And a speedcam file apparently created 7 days ago!

Unfortunately the factory has to reformat the file to make it compatible with the RAC 05. However please find attached the latest update.
Simply download the file (do not open it) and then copy it onto a blank SD card, checking that the file name has not changed.
Make sure the dash cam is turned off and connected to power, then insert the SD card and turn on the dash cam. When the update is complete, please re format the SD card before using it in your dash cam again.

Here it is for the RAC 05 if anybody wants it.

Added back working file
https://ufile.io/6npgu

They also said they could not get the data format from the factory. I might have a hack of it when I get time and see what i can make of it...

Mike
johnnym100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting development over at ProofCam.

They have revamped their website and now have a speed camera update file edogdat.dat for mid April 2019 priced at 0 GBP, but you still have to go through the purchase process to download it (though it doesn't ask for credit card info).

Personally I like the new look of the site as its not 'media rich in-your-face' as so many websites are these days.

John.
pipdonny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:44 pm    Post subject: rac 03 firmware Reply with quote

HELP HELP HELP Please

just aquired an rac 03 dashcam that cost me a fortune that was new old stock. loving it so far however it has the old firmware on that only have speed alerts up to 70mph. been on the proofcam site and the firmware has been deleted from there, has anyone please please got the latest firmwrae they can send me via email to donnyvfr20@gmail.com

please someone help

many thanks
phil
pipdonny
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:07 pm    Post subject: Edogdata.dat Reply with quote

The rac 03 uses edogdata.dat to update speed camera database however the last update from rac was October 2019. I have noticed that the agouti dx1000 uses edogdata.dat file on its dash cam/ speed camera detector. The latest one they gave is only a week old. Can I use tgat file to update my rac. As my thought is edogdata.dat should be the same file otherwise it would use a different name. Pkease help and give your thoughts pkease
johnnym100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:26 am    Post subject: Re: Edogdata.dat Reply with quote

pipdonny wrote:
The rac 03 uses edogdata.dat to update speed camera database however the last update from rac was October 2019. I have noticed that the agouti dx1000 uses edogdata.dat file on its dash cam/ speed camera detector. The latest one they gave is only a week old. Can I use tgat file to update my rac. As my thought is edogdata.dat should be the same file otherwise it would use a different name. Pkease help and give your thoughts pkease

Did you try it?
Mjolinor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2022 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to answer the questions.

The Aguri DX1000 speed camera database file will get installed without errors on the RAC05 camera but it does not work.

The Aguri DX1000 firmware will install on the RAC05 along with the database file and the camera sort of works but there are no sounds and the speed camera database does not work.

The Aguri video player does work correctly with the RAC 05 video files.

Does anyone have the original RAC (proofcam) firmware for the RAC 05 and any working speed camera database or a means of converting the Aguri one. I would prefer the one that allows 100 MPH or disable in the speed warning. That one with a maximum of 70 is just annoying.
johnnym100
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for trying it and replying.

I have the RAC 05 firmware and edogdata.dat files.

I don't want to break any forum rules, so am looking for a nod / non objection from the mods and won't post them on here.

Proofcam doesn't exist any more; their website and racdashcam are gone.

The firmware and camera file were posted freely on they website so didn't need an account to download.

Their last Twitter activity was in 2018.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnnym100 wrote:
Thanks for trying it and replying.

I have the RAC 05 firmware and edogdata.dat files.

I don't want to break any forum rules, so am looking for a nod / non objection from the mods and won't post them on here.

Proofcam doesn't exist any more; their website and racdashcam are gone.

The firmware and camera file were posted freely on they website so didn't need an account to download.

Their last Twitter activity was in 2018.

If you're hosting them and provide a link for others then that's fine.
Mjolinor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I was premature. Apparently the files posted by Aguri in September were faulty. These were the ones I tried and they stopped the Aguri version of the camera working too.

They have issued another update on the 2nd November that fixed the Aguri versions so I am hopeful they will work on the RAC versions but I aint about to go out in the car in this weather to see if it detects speed cameras, too busy freezing my butt off in front of the fire.

I will try them sometime in the next few days and report back.
Mjolinor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Aguri speed camera database does not work with the RAC05 native firmware.

I will try the Aguri firmware and report back.
Mjolinor
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Aguri firmware and the Aguri camera database it work fine apart from no audio at all.

The original RAC firmware can be put back on OK after having the Aguri firmware on so it is safe to try it.

Next step I suppose is to look at the RAC speed camera file and compare it to the Aguri one to see if mods can be done to make it work with the RAC firmware.

If you are not bothered about audio then just use the Aguri firmware.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15
Page 15 of 15

Jump to: