Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Belgium fixed speed cameras
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Belgium fixed speed cameras
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, just let me get this straight because I'm sure I must be missing something obvious here...

Your complaint is that in August 2017 the database was missing a number of cameras in Belgium.

Now, in January 2019, your complaint is that the same database file from August 2017 is still missing those cameras?

MaFt
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two year old database? How do you get on with bus, train and ferry timetables?

Do you ever get to see what’s on telly using TV Times of two weeks ago?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
road-runner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject: Belgium safety cameras Reply with quote

Dennis, there is more in life than snugged up In uk reading TV times. You seem to miss the point. 2017 didn't appear to be accurate with update. So I question now if it is a reliable accurate update.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

road-runner wrote:
2017 didn't appear to be accurate with update.

Probably not in the 2017 db as they hadn't been submitted.

The first step is to have the information to hand, to create the db. This information has to come from users in the first place. No submission - no camera!

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Belgium safety cameras Reply with quote

road-runner wrote:
Dennis, there is more in life than snugged up In uk reading TV times. You seem to miss the point. 2017 didn't appear to be accurate with update. So I question now if it is a reliable accurate update.
No, you’re missing the point by selectively using my worst example. Consider instead the use of out of date timetables to travel - I bet you wouldn’t use a two year old timetable to make your way to Belgium. Same applies to cameras wouldn’t you agree?

The CamerAlert download comes as “latest”, just like the maps you use, except that an important factor of CamerAlert is that it is Community built. When you use it you can submit corrections, new, changed, removed cameras. And in recognition of your efforts in that respect, you can be awarded a free period of subscription.

I recommend you to buy a subscription and if you find inaccuracies in Belgium, submit them and put yourself in with a chance of a free subscription period.

Privateer
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Belgium fixed speed cameras Reply with quote

Hi road-runner,

road-runner wrote:
I am finding whilst driving on Belgium motorways that theirs hardly any fixed speed camera warnings coming up. Passed a few cameras but no warning ... Years ago it was very accurate in Belgium.

You say that years ago the cameras were very accurate in Belgium, yet now they're not so accurate even though you admit that the latest PGPSW database you have is from 2017! If that is the case then hopefully you can see the logic that a database from 2017 may not be accurate anymore? Also comparing our database from 2017 with SCDB from 2019 isn't a fair comparison.

As you have previously had good results with the PGPSW database, why don't you resubscribe and try again? Don't forget that the subscription is for the whole world.

Do you use CamerAlert on either an Android or iPhone?

Regards,
Garmin Camper 770 LMT-D
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if he does, he obviously doesn't subscribe else he wouldn't be running a database so old.
road-runner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject: Belgium safety cameras Reply with quote

Actually" he"has subscribed for a number of years. Pocket GPS £19:99. Scbd,£9.99. so really would like to go for the most efficient of the 2. See what I mean!! I drive a lot. the on the continent. Want dependability.
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use an up to date database and find the EU cameras very accurate in France, maybe no one drives in Belgium to update them?
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Belgium safety cameras Reply with quote

road-runner wrote:
Actually" he"has subscribed for a number of years. Pocket GPS £19:99. Scbd,£9.99. so really would like to go for the most efficient of the 2. See what I mean!! I drive a lot. the on the continent. Want dependability.

I’m a fool with my money, so I run three satnavs side by side for dependability. In your position, I’d waste 58p a week on running BOTH databases. In addition to extra cover, I’d also have the result of showing how accurate both are (that method proved to me that PGPSW is better than TomTom).

MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Re: Belgium safety cameras Reply with quote

road-runner wrote:

SCDB is nothing to do with us.

Your 1 year subscription with us expired back in 2017 and your last download was August 2017. That means the data you are comparing is 17 months out of date.

That is pretty much what everyone has been saying for 2 pages in this thread - you're complaining that a database from 17 months ago is out of date. Well, yes. It will be.

Now, if you had a current subscription and were saying the same then that's a whole different story.

MaFt
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that just about sums it up nicely Smile
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the 'you are running an old database so what do you expect' type answers seem to be missing the OP's point.

As I understand it, what OP is actually asking is; as the database he is currently running is not very good in Belgium (in his opinion that I have no reason to doubt), is it actually worth his while subscribing and updating his database?' We all now know why he might be disappointed, as numerous posts have mentioned it.

If he pays his £20 and finds it not 'good enough' for his purpose, he has 'wasted' £20. This is what he is trying to avoid.

One way of testing the latest database for free would be to download the app to a smartphone. With that, you get the latest world database for free and a nagging woman that tells you the database is out of date every time you start the app after one week.
road-runner
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:44 pm    Post subject: Belgium fixed speed cameras Reply with quote

Ok moderators,
See what you come back for this. Do the cameras exist in reality and on your data base please.

Belgium E42. Directly outside Liege airport. 2 cameras in centre verge. East and West directions. Do they exist in reality? They have been there some years and were active on my device in 2017. Not now. Give me confidence for a purchase. Are you really worth the 10 quid extra?
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, both those on and various others in the area.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: