Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Subscription Query.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Subscription Query.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rossgti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:44 pm    Post subject: Subscription Query. Reply with quote

Hi,

I was a paid member through pocketgpsworld for the iPhone CamerAlert database up until 2 weeks ago, during my membership period I had the "Lifetime Membership if a camera site is reported", I made 2 reports of changes of new/old sites but never received membership for this & it's now showing as expired.

My username is rossgti

Would appreciate any help, thankyou! Smile
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have received an email acknowledgement for receipt of your submission/s. What were the Long/Lat coordinates on that for us to check?
Have you read about FREE subscriptions HERE?

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
rossgti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
You should have received an email acknowledgement for receipt of your submission/s. What were the Long/Lat coordinates on that for us to check?
Have you read about FREE subscriptions HERE?

Hey, I'm only on mobile so struggling to search back. Here's one email I can find I've received:

For your information, the details of the camera(s) you have submitted are shown below:

Remove Static camera (#2625) at Lat:52.1897 Lon:-2.21773 Speed 30, Heading 359, This side.

Thanks again!
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the point Dennis was making is that 'Lifetime' has not been available for a while now. It has been replaced with on year's free subs. Does this affect your comments? I.E. you got a year and it has now run out? Or did you really get a 'Lifetime' 'back in the day'?
Just because you got the email does not necessarily mean that you were eligible for free subs. What else did the email say and what was the date?
However the northbound 2625 is no longer in the current database.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No M8TJT, I was intending to draw attention to the terms and conditions for the free membership offer. I don't think rossgti ever had a free one, but he knew about the availability of it (whether lifetime or one year) - so he thinks he had the Ts & Cs of an offer being available.

rossgti that particular camera is no longer on the database. I don't know how long ago it was removed, we shall have to wait for the DB Administrator to answer that and also whether you were the first to submit a removal request for it. Hopefully he will also be able to see what, if any, other submissions you made and what has become of them.

In the terms and conditions for the free offer, you have to be a fully subscribed member both at the time you submit any report AND at the time the report is validated and actioned to the database (so if any report you made is actioned today, you may not be eligible now that your membership has lapsed). Also, you must be the first to submit the report (stands to reason, only one person can get the offer, simple first come, first served). There is normally a delay between any report being submitted and the action taken resulting from the report - all submissions have to be verified by one of our Verification Team members before acceptance.

rossgti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DennisN wrote:
No M8TJT, I was intending to draw attention to the terms and conditions for the free membership offer. I don't think rossgti ever had a free one, but he knew about the availability of it (whether lifetime or one year) - so he thinks he had the Ts & Cs of an offer being available.

rossgti that particular camera is no longer on the database. I don't know how long ago it was removed, we shall have to wait for the DB Administrator to answer that and also whether you were the first to submit a removal request for it. Hopefully he will also be able to see what, if any, other submissions you made and what has become of them.

In the terms and conditions for the free offer, you have to be a fully subscribed member both at the time you submit any report AND at the time the report is validated and actioned to the database (so if any report you made is actioned today, you may not be eligible now that your membership has lapsed). Also, you must be the first to submit the report (stands to reason, only one person can get the offer, simple first come, first served). There is normally a delay between any report being submitted and the action taken resulting from the report - all submissions have to be verified by one of our Verification Team members before acceptance.

Hey,

Thanks for coming back to me.. I'll be honest I thought the free membership was automatically applied to the account once the report was validated.. I never received a year free for the report & know I was in there pretty early, think the day it was removed to be honest.

It was a while back now and on my daily commute, I didn't realise the submission process - I'm no longer a subscribed member if that does exclude me (membership expired 2 weeks ago, was hesitant to resubscribe with the IOS11 issues), so thought I'd enquire about the free year now I realised it wasn't automatic!

Thanks again!
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free subscriptions ARE allocated automatically. If you report/s was/were some time ago it's looking as though you didn't qualify due to one or another of the criteria.

But we really don't know unless the Administrator comes along and tells us the score. Only he has access to the information which would explain the situation.

dales
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as Dennis says, the free subscriptions are issued as a matter of routine by the administrator.

It would be a waste of his time to research and to post up here, the reasons for submissions that don't qualify (for whatever reason). There are lots of submissions that are not eg the first etc !

So, I think that the administrator will not waste his time on such research.

Submissions that are successful, automatically receive their rewards.
Submissions that are unsuccessful, do not.

But please do keep posting your new camera sightings !!

Dales.
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rossgti - your submission didn't qualify as your subscription was an in-app purchase via Apple. Unfortunately we can't offer the free 12 months for submissions made by iOS subscriptions.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that mean that anyone with an iPhone can go whistle?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Does that mean that anyone with an iPhone can go whistle?

No. Just those that use Apple in-app subscriptions as per the terms of the free subscriptions.

MaFt
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Only reports made by users with full PocketGPSWorld web-site subscriptions will be eligible. This excludes reports made via our CamerAlert iOS apps where the subscription is an Apple in-app type.
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet Rossetti (predictive text!!!) had a proper Pgpsw ID to which he could have linked his account and not used the in-app subscription method.

rossgti
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
rossgti - your submission didn't qualify as your subscription was an in-app purchase via Apple. Unfortunately we can't offer the free 12 months for submissions made by iOS subscriptions.

Hey, I've just checked.. I paid £19.99 via PayPal for my subscription?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rossgti wrote:
MaFt wrote:

Hey, I've just checked.. I paid £19.99 via PayPal for my subscription?

In June 2015 you did a £19.99 PayPal subscription.
That expired on 17th June 2016.

In August 2016 you subscribed via Apple In-App Subscription
That expired on 20th August 2017.

At the point of verification/approval you were using the Apple sub and so it did not qualify.

MaFt

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Membership Sign-Up Problems? All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: