Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any update on a new version for iOS?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any update on a new version for iOS?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DavidIr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Apologies for the lack of response. There's nothing to report at the moment. Sorry!

MaFt

MaFt
This is a fairly ambiguous response, it would be nice to get a real update. If this is "we are not working on (or planning on) updating the app" you would probably elicit some disapointment but at least we would know.

Personally while the app works without errors there are a number of changes which would be nice to see such as general updates to refresh the look and feel plus update it to support the screen size of iPhone 6 and later devices.

Thanks

David
Xman
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Apologies for the lack of response. There's nothing to report at the moment. Sorry!
MaFt

Hi MaFt, the iOS 10.3 update this week brings a screen within the Settings/General/About/Applications that lists the CamerAlert app as:

"App Compatibility: These apps may slow your iPhone and will not work in future versions of iOS if they are not updated. If no update is available, contact the app developer for more information.

Really hoping you guys have a plan and are able to share it with us here.[/img]
falkirk81
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, looks like with iOS 11 that cameralert won't work any more.

Not sure if we will get an update though Sad

iPhone 12
abre
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a comment in one of the recent news letters about iOS & Android new app versions being in development...
DavidIr
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

abre wrote:
There was a comment in one of the recent news letters about iOS & Android new app versions being in development...

I saw that too which was great news. Dont expect anything quickly due to the size of the team but good that something is in the works.
CAS_1023232820
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

MaFt

"Nothing to report" is completely useless. I, like many others need to know:
- are you working on an IoS 11 fix for the current version. No/Yes/Timeframe.
- are you working on a 64 bit IoS version, No/Yes/timeframe.

Otherwise You will loose me and countless others as customers. And even if we want to stay, once we press the "Update your iphone" button you and this app will be history.
For me that would be a massive shame as I like the app a lot, so PLEASE give us some answers.

Charlie
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CAS_1023232820 wrote:
MaFt wrote:

MaFt

"Nothing to report" is completely useless. I, like many others need to know:
- are you working on an IoS 11 fix for the current version. No/Yes/Timeframe.
- are you working on a 64 bit IoS version, No/Yes/timeframe.

Otherwise You will loose me and countless others as customers. And even if we want to stay, once we press the "Update your iphone" button you and this app will be history.
For me that would be a massive shame as I like the app a lot, so PLEASE give us some answers.

Charlie

I honestly can't answer because I'm not part of the app development. I do PHP, MySQL, database etc.

If you are aware that the app won't work with iOS 11 and you need the app then the simple answer is don't update to iOS 11.

I'll see if we can get an official response.

MaFt
StevenSwain
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Not helpful Reply with quote

Hardly a helpful reply - if we all followed that advice we'd still be in Windows 95.
Sacrifice all IOS updates, security all otherwise, in favour of keeping an outdated Cameralert. Don't think that's going to happen.
The developers have been looking at updating this APP over last 2 years - think they given up on it 😡😡
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Not helpful Reply with quote

StevenSwain wrote:
Hardly a helpful reply - if we all followed that advice we'd still be in Windows 95.
Sacrifice all IOS updates, security all otherwise, in favour of keeping an outdated Cameralert. Don't think that's going to happen.
The developers have been looking at updating this APP over last 2 years - think they given up on it 😡😡

Android is in the same boat, I seldom use it these days because it blasts me out of the car, and despite numerous and repeated requests for a volume control, the silence from the developers has been deafening, much like the app Rolling Eyes
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Not helpful Reply with quote

IanS100 wrote:
Android is in the same boat, I seldom use it these days because it blasts me out of the car, and despite numerous and repeated requests for a volume control, the silence from the developers has been deafening, much like the app Rolling Eyes

You can adjust the alert volumes within the app settings...
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Not helpful Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
IanS100 wrote:

I'm afraid not, that only works if you choose to listen to CA via Bluetooth, the in app volume control has absolutely no effect when using the internal speaker, and neither do any of the phone volume controls (media, notifications or system etc). It is something that has been brought up regularly over on the Android side.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Not helpful Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:

IanS100 wrote:
I'm afraid not, that only works if you choose to listen to CA via Bluetooth, the in app volume control has absolutely no effect when using the internal speaker, ...
Have you tried setting it to Default, rather than Device Speaker? It works for me.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Not helpful Reply with quote

Oldboy wrote:
MaFt wrote:

IanS100 wrote:
I'm afraid not, that only works if you choose to listen to CA via Bluetooth, the in app volume control has absolutely no effect when using the internal speaker, ...
Have you tried setting it to Default, rather than Device Speaker? It works for me.

Yes, I've tried everything, it is set to default now. I assume that when Media Audio is switched off in Bluetooth settings 'default' sends output to device speakers, but it doesn't matter what it's set to, there is no volume adjustment for device speaker.
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is the volume control iffy, the nomenclature is damn confusing as well.
IanS100
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M8TJT wrote:
Not only is the volume control iffy, the nomenclature is damn confusing as well.

+1 and on the few occasions I do decide to use CA, some woman yells at me, at the top of her voice "YOU ARE NOT USING THE CORRECT DATABASE PLEASE UPDATE" Shocked

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Apple Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: