Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Garmin etrex Touch 25 - possibly a rather basic question
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Garmin etrex Touch 25 - possibly a rather basic question

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brasspigeon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:57 pm    Post subject: Garmin etrex Touch 25 - possibly a rather basic question Reply with quote

Good Day All,

I have been a user of a venerable (i.e. totally ancient) Garmin etrex handheld for a while which I used in conjunction with a map and which did a fair job. I have now bought a Garmin etrex Touch 25, and City Navigator NT Map of Europe (on the micro SD card) to be able to know where I am (and going!) anywhere in any city in Europe. Problem seems to be that the Garmin manual for this device says that to do this you first need to perform a Profile Change to Automotive. However, there seems to be no Automotive Profile on my Touch 25 - looked hard for it, but no go.

All should work together: Touch 25 supports CN Map of Europe - but it won't unless I can do that (non-existent) profile change!

Software Version is 2.40, if that is significant.

So, I'd be grateful if someone could tell me if I am missing something incredibly obvious before I make a fool of myself to the Garmin support people. Any clues at all would be very welcome.

Cheers,

Dave
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that the automobile profile is on handhelds is a selection of settings that work best for navigating when driving. If your Etrex doesn't have such a profile just create one.

Things you will need to set are:

Lock on road
Guidance method 'On road for time/distance' (depending on what you want)
Calculate routes for car/motorcycle
Select the CN EU map

There may be others but as I don't have your model, but do have an Etrex 20, I cant be sure.
Brasspigeon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:22 pm    Post subject: Profiles Reply with quote

Hi Sussamb,

Thanks very much for your suggestion - I have created a new profile and will be testing it soon.

The user manual makes it sound like there is an existing profile titled Automotive which made me think there was something wrong with my system software.

I'll post the result of the test...

Best regards,

Dave
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All my handhelds with profiles did indeed have an automobile one, guess yours didn't. Strange it's in the manual though?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Garmin Handheld GPS Receivers All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: