Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Central and Eastern Europe
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Central and Eastern Europe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:59 am    Post subject: Central and Eastern Europe Reply with quote

Does anyone know for sure what/where/which devices these "Zone 1 & Zone 2" maps are for?

Central and Eastern Europe:

ZONE 1:

Detailed coverage:
Croatia, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland, Kaliningrad, Estonia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia and Greece.
The following countries are partially covered:
Cyprus (83%), Ukraine (44%), Bulgaria (60%), Montenegro (90%) and Serbia (90%).
The following countries are covered by a connector road network allowing you seamless navigation throughout:
Albania, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Moldavia.

ZONE 2:

Detailed coverage
Austria, Croatia, Switzerland, Italy, Malta, Poland, Kaliningrad, Estonia, Slovenia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Liechtenstein, Romania, Slovakia, Greece, San Marino and Vatican City.
The following countries are partially covered:
Cyprus (83%), Ukraine (44%), Bulgaria (60%) and Serbia (90%).
The following countries are covered by a connector road network allowing you seamless navigation throughout:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Germany, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Serbia, Belarus
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't fully understand your question so please excuse my waffle which follows.

The exclusion of France and Uk from the lists suggest that you have previously purchased and downloaded the Central and Eastern Europe map from TT. However, there was insufficient space on your TT to load the whole map so TT have offered you the map as two zones.

Without knowing the map versions and sizes and what TT SatNAvs you have I would suggest that it is impossible for us to say what TT's the map zones are for.

As the maps (zones) are locked to the TT you had plugged in at the time of purchase the easiest solution would be for you to load one of the zones onto an SD card, plug it into your various SatNAvs and see which one detects the map.

Apologies if I have not understood your question correctly.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's nothing to do with my own maps, just that there appear to be these 2 separate versions (zones) of the same titled map around various forums is why I asked.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply, but here goes, if anyone is still interested!

The simple answer is that maps have got larger and larger, to the point where many TomToms with FIXED memory may not be able to load the whole of a particular new map.

Therefore TomTom came up with the idea of splitting some of the larger maps into separate ZONES.
When you buy a map, you are entitled to access ALL of the covered area, but you may now only have room to install just one of the "zones". At any time you can swap to another of those zones by re-downloading it (or you can have all the zones ready downloaded on a PC and just swap them onto the TomTom.

If you have a TomTom with SD card memory, there's usually no issue as you can buy an SD card that is large enough for the entire map.

There's more info on the general concept of map zones on the TT website here:
How do I change Map Zones? (TomTom HOME)

...and a description on how to install the whole "un-zoned" map on an SD card here:
Can I install a full map on a memory card instead of using Map Zones?
justbrowsing
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks for explaining that Andy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: