Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN for Streaming TV
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Specs Cameras distances
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Specs Cameras distances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fraserp
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:57 am    Post subject: Specs Cameras distances Reply with quote

Is there a max distance between Specs cameras?
Due to long term road works starting on the M60 in Manchester (and a 50mph limited), we are now seeing the deployment of additional Specs average speed cameras on the west side of the M60. These locations do not appear in the latest download. (v12.093 as of now)
One 'apparent set is deployed anti clockwise between jct 13 and Jct 8, that is a distance of 5 miles. There are no other cameras on that direction of travel. The other units ( that cover the clockwise travel direction Between Jct8 and Jct11) are approx 3 miles apart. These distances seem rather large and cover 3 or 4 exit junctions. Is this usual?
SatMap
Duddy
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them time.
I believe more specs units are to be put in place.
I have submitted one unit to PGPSW and will submit more when I get chance to view my Roadhawk records and as new units appear.
For the information of anybody using the M60 between junctions 8 and 20 if you can avoid going past the M61 junction direction do so and go via stockport.
I have to travel between 8 and the M61 every weekday and the current 50 mph limit is causing chaos, especialy the drivers who are sticking approx to the 50 mph limit but panic and hit the brakes hard when they see the cameras
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Non-Technical Speed Camera Discussions All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: