Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Mercedes Comand Online ntg4.5 - Personal POI data support
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download what? What do you want to download and for what system?
CTRlasers
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Loading POI from an SD card Reply with quote

Hi all,
Just a quick note: Mercedes command: Make sure the speed camera files are in the personalPOI folder in the route of the SD card (not in a subfolder which could be automatically created by the unzip programme)!!
If this is the case, like mine did, the comand system will not see the files.

I'm only a simple soul, it had me fooled for a while.
fraggle
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Subscribed (again) and downloaded this database (and the Garmin one).

Followed another chaps instructions to edit the notification type to warning and the time to 40 seconds and then went for a drive past known speed camera locations.

I suggest people do not increase the time to 40 seconds unless you don't live in a city.

Others probably already know but the warning time is a radius going out from the car, the size of the radius is the distance travelled at the current speed in the time you have set, the *direction* of travel is completely ignored. So 40 seconds at 60 mph round my city is a huge circle, and results in the system happily "boinging" away when you go past a cluster of speed camera locations!

So all I can do is set it to a short time period which means I've got to keep an eye on the satnav screen, as 5 or 10 seconds notice is far too short to "assess ones safety and modify if required".

So a great job getting the camera locations into the Comand system, a pity MBs implementation is crippled and makes them fairly useless unless you like loads of false warnings.

One thing that amused me is that since the warnings are based on speed, if you enter warning distance of a camera, it goes boing, then you stop at traffic lights (before or even very shortly after the camera), pull away from the lights and the "warning detection circle" will increase again and it re-warns you about the same camera!
shaune2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:32 pm    Post subject: Works for Me Reply with quote

Hi,

I have just taken delivery of a new SLK200 Very Happy Very Happy with Comand. I subscribed and followed the instruction on here, and apart from ensuring that the POI folder is on the root of the SD card, had no issues and it work as advertised.

Thanks to everyone who got this working. Cheers!

One point though, after years of driving with a Becker in my C Class, I would have thought that rather than a single 'boing', a Becker-like 'Bing/Bong' would have been nice. Becker also gives a second sound signal (Bong/Bing) after clearing the danger area too.

Cheers

Shaun
HvTMedia
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works like charm with my new c-class equipped with command-online although the audio alert is a bit low/weak. Is it possible to increase/set the volume independent from the rest of the system (I quite often have the audio and/or guidance instructions set at a low volume)?

//Hans
DJP1UK
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:57 am    Post subject: Audible alerts possible on 2012 Comand Online (E-Class)? Reply with quote

No problems with the visual warnings on the Comand screen but I can't get the audible warnings after modifying the gpx files (I used WordPad 'Replace All').

I've edited the two gpx files, changing all lines with:

Active="false" Level="information" Unit="second" Value="9"

to:

Active="true" Level="warning" Unit="second" Value="40"

But no audible warnings - am I doing anything wrong or just not possible on my 2012 E-Class? Any tips much appreciated.

David
Kremmen
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting

The is the second Merc onboard unit and spoken warnings issue reported recently.

Maybe this is how it works, or not ?
Viofo A119 V3
Car Average MPG :
gyrothex
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The audible warning option for POI's were not introduced until cars produced from June 2013 with the MkIII version of Comand NTG4.5 (internally known as NTG 4.7 within Mercedes).

I have a model year 2012 C-Class and have no audible option either. I did enquire with the company Comand Online Ltd about retrofitting a later Comand unit with audio to my car it apparently the car won't accept the programming for a MK III/NTG4.7

Hope this clears the confusion.
Mr_Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: cant get my comand to see personal poi Reply with quote

please can someone help me.....
ive subscribed, and followed all the instructions but i cannot get my comand to see my personal poi folder, i can play music from the sd card so i know its seeing the card .
i have a 2015 C class.
ive downloaded the mercedes comand pois, unzipped them and taken the gpx frile out of the sub folder but still nothing.
any help would be great,
thanks in advance
niva441
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: cant get my comand to see personal poi Reply with quote

Mr_Tiff wrote:
please can someone help me.....
ive subscribed, and followed all the instructions but i cannot get my comand to see my personal poi folder, i can play music from the sd card so i know its seeing the card .
i have a 2015 C class.
ive downloaded the mercedes comand pois, unzipped them and taken the gpx frile out of the sub folder but still nothing.
any help would be great,
thanks in advance

Are they in a folder called PersonalPOI on the SD card? Other that that I haven't got any other ideas, as it all works seamlessly for me. Including revising the warnings to active and increasing the alert interval.
Mr_Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I've made a file called PersonalPOI and in that is the 4 gpx files.
I don't know what else to try
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr_Tiff wrote:
I've made a file called PersonalPOI and in that is the 4 gpx files.
Can we assume that you have actually made a Folder called PersonalPOI with that capitalisation?
Mr_Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry typo in the above post. i have a folder called PersonalPOI [/b]
Mr_Tiff
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, fixed it.
At step 22/23 rather than go into PersonPOI, i had to go into destinations and then choose a PersonalPOI from memory card to get it to import.

cheers
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that imply that there is something amiss with our (de)instructions?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 7 of 16

Jump to: