Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PocketGPS and Jaguar XF 2009 (Denso System)
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PocketGPS and Jaguar XF 2009 (Denso System)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rpsilu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: PocketGPS and Jaguar XF 2009 (Denso System) Reply with quote

I have a 2009 Jag XF and i have downloaded the safety camera files. I went to load via the USB as instructed but my sat nav menu doesn't correspond with Jaguar XF 2013 instructions.

There is no item 'My POI', I have tried other options such as memory and weypoint, both which have an add button but no option to load from a USB.

By the way, the USb is working and is being detected by the car, because of the issues with the USB on these, I did firstly ensure this was working, before proceeding.

Can anyone help? Crying or Very sad
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I can help in any way. But I had a Denso system in my 2007 Saab and that had no way of adding any PoIs. The same unit was used by LandRover up to 2009. Then LR changed to a hard disc based system with different functions. My niece had a 2006 LandRover and we tried to do things to both of our satnavs to no avail. I think the same Denso system was in Ford Mondeos at the same period.

If your head unit resembles this one with buttons down the left hand side, you may have a 2005-9 set up which will not be the same as the 2013 model that you have instructions for.

[/img]
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
rpsilu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sgould wrote:
I'm not sure I can help in any way. But I had a Denso system in my 2007 Saab and that had no way of adding any PoIs. The same unit was used by LandRover up to 2009. Then LR changed to a hard disc based system with different functions. My niece had a 2006 LandRover and we tried to do things to both of our satnavs to no avail. I think the same Denso system was in Ford Mondeos at the same period.

If your head unit resembles this one with buttons down the left hand side, you may have a 2005-9 set up which will not be the same as the 2013 model that you have instructions for.

[/img]

Hi sgould, my unit is not like the one in the picture, it is completely touch screen, but thank you anyway. Just hope someone has managed to do it!
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2014 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only other thing that I can suggest is changing the USB stick. Is size critical? On other systems the car head unit cannot read sticks that are too big.

Does your USB stick fit into the headunit directly? If it's at the end of a wire, the wire may be important. On my current Kenwood unit, I can only get the headunit to read the USB if I use the (expensive) Kenwood lead. I haven't worked out why.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
rpsilu
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sgould the USB fits into a USB socket within the centre console of the car, which itself connects to the stock radio/satnav unit. Just wondered if anyone from pocketgpsworld.com would pick this up and respond?
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, none of us have Jag's...!

The instructions we have are either based on what users have told us works or from the (often lacking) manufacturers hand books.

Unfortunately, without first hand knowledge of the system there's not much further advice we can give. Other owners will know more :D

MaFt
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
I have the flat cap, just need a whippet...
And the Woodbine

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Hardware based GPS SCD Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: