Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - satmap software upgrade
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

satmap software upgrade
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
4ndynorfolk
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE:

I am not good at leaving things alone, so in the wee hours I tried again on another XP computer.

Trying to update in Satsync I got a message that some parts of the download were missing, so it made no attempt to update the device.

I then found the beta site using google, and insatlled via that.

[url] http://www.satmap.com/download-active10-beta-software.php

That worked OK, but first impression is that I shouldn't have bothered. I generally used 16 hour hibernation, now I am limited to 4 hours. I have not played long enough to find anthing else
davidor
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, started trying to use the A10, but after the upgrade it is taking a long time to locate satellites. It took about ten minutes the first time. Trying again a few miles from home and it is still taking ages whereas before it would lock on after a couple of minutes. It's been trying now for nerly 10 minutes and still only showing three yellow bars, with good sight of the sky.

Anyone else found something similar?
GPSwalker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davidor wrote:
Well, started trying to use the A10, but after the upgrade it is taking a long time to locate satellites. It took about ten minutes the first time. Trying again a few miles from home and it is still taking ages whereas before it would lock on after a couple of minutes. It's been trying now for nerly 10 minutes and still only showing three yellow bars, with good sight of the sky.

Anyone else found something similar?

For curiosity I just tested my A10 lock on speed. I did the update last week which works okay. My test was indoors at home next to a window and the A10 had 3AA part used Energizer Ultimate lithium batteries. Hibernate was off.

At 1 minute I had 3 yellow bars.
At 2 minutes I had 3 yellow bars.
At 2mins 45 seconds I had lock with 3 orange and five yellow bars.

In my estimation this seems about the usual time taken from the same locality, although I have never timed it before.

In the past I have experienced poor lock times when the batteries are low as well as other generally recognised reasons.
SmellyBoots
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 mins 3 seconds to get a lock with an accuracy of 32' which then gradually inproved as more satellites located and locked on to.

I have noticed my Active 10 takes a little longer to be ready because [having splashed out on a Half GB Platinum card during the sale] the large area map cards take longer to load. No doubt all will be faster with the Active 12 with orange speed stripes.
stevesimler
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SmellyBoots wrote:
No doubt all will be faster with the Active 12 with orange speed stripes.

Boy Racer GPS... I like the sound of that
ChrisJakarta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I mentioned earlier, I was waiting to upgrade to hear about the arrows the pioneers got in their backs. Seems like some did! But I felt that by now it should be more stable, so I have just tried to upgrade from v1.5.7683.0 to Build 9193. SatSYNC did not automatically offer me the upgrade when I connected my Active 10. So I tried Help|Check for Active10 updates. But SatSYNC tells me that "There are no updates available at this time." I have double-checked that I still have 1.5.7683.0. So now confused! Has Satmap pulled this upgrade?

Chris
ChrisJakarta
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a follow up: Satmap on Facebook inform me as follows:

"The update has not yet been released outside of the UK as we are waiting on the other languages to be completed. We are aiming this to be enabled in 3-4 week time and the update should be available then."

So that explains it.

Chris

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: