Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Brixly - Fast, Reliable, Secure UK Web Hosting
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - TOMTOM XL IQ routes - assigning safety camera alert sounds
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

TOMTOM XL IQ routes - assigning safety camera alert sounds

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrYorkshire
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:08 am    Post subject: TOMTOM XL IQ routes - assigning safety camera alert sounds Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have been given a TOMTOM XL IQ Routes 2 for Christmas.
I have just found out you cannot assign sounds to TOMTOM's own
safety camera alerts. You have to stick with the pre-installed sound -
which is pretty dismal.

Is there a way around this so I can assign whatever sound I like to the safety camera alerts like you could on previous TOMTOM versions?

Any help much appreciated.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise that feature was missing on the ONE V2.

If you go to the speed camera menu, do you get a "Change warning preferences" menu item?

If there is, there should be a list of the camera types (Fixed, mobile etc) with a little loudspeaker icon beside each one if alerts are enabled.

On my TomTom GO's, if you tap any entry, the next screen should ask for a time for the warning, the next should give a warning option of Always/only when speeding/Never and the next screen should allow you to change the sound.

Do you not get some of those options screens?

-----------

One general point to note is that even on the best TomTom models, you can only change the warning sound for each camera TYPE, not speed.

That means that you could add a different warning sound (or even a voice recording that said "Warning Fixed camera ahead" (or whatever)) but you cannot get it to read out the correct speed.

That's one of the huge advantages of using the database from here instead. As well as being far more accurate than TomTom's efforts, it allows you to have male or female spoken warnings which also give the correct speed limit, so you don't even need to glance at the screen to check.

I think it's cheaper at the moment too....

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: