Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - XL Live map freezing
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

XL Live map freezing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frugalmike2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:16 am    Post subject: XL Live map freezing Reply with quote

Hi I wonder if anyone can help with the following, My xl live with hd traffic keeps freezing the map display.

The unit itself does not freeze and the voice directions continue to function, if i then tap the screen the menu appears and then i press done and all is well until the next time which can be minutes or hours away,also deliberately ignoring the directions to create an automatic reroute it does this fine and the map then starts to work once again with no need to touch the unit.

I am running version 8.419 and would prefer not to update this if possible and preferably avoid using the tom tom software, would the factory reset help? and would the hd traffic subscription be affected by this?

This only started happening in the last 2 weeks.

any help appreciated thanks
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why your aversion to updating the application and using tomtom software?

Your unit isn't hacked, is it?
frugalmike2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Why your aversion to updating the application and using tomtom software?

Your unit isn't hacked, is it?

My first XL died sometime ago so i purchased this one secondhand and it still had 9 months traffic subscription, when it got down to about a month remaining I renewed the subscription and somehow whilst connecting to tt home I managed to lose what i already had, I am guessing because tomtom home thought it was my old unit? also I tried the later software on my old xl but prefer to use this one.

any ideas on the problem i am having?
dhn
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you should not be using the same email address for this unit than the last one. Normally, subscriptions are not transferable between devices but you may get a sympathetic CS agent:

United Kingdom
0845 161 0009
or 020 7387 5444

Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm BST
frugalmike2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhn wrote:
Well, you should not be using the same email address for this unit than the last one. Normally, subscriptions are not transferable between devices but you may get a sympathetic CS agent:

United Kingdom
0845 161 0009
or 020 7387 5444

Monday-Friday:
9:00 am to 5:30 pm BST

It is a different unit ,different email address,the unit came with 9 months remaining traffic the problem came when i tried to renew as i was using tt home on the original computer,the traffic subscription is live working and runs til august 2014.

The problem is the map freezing.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frugalmike2 wrote:
the problem came when i tried to renew as i was using tt home on the original computer,

That shouldn't be an issue... So long as you have different account names for each device, you can update/manage as many different TomToms as you like on the same PC.
I update a GO720, an XL Live, a GO 940 and a GO950 all with the same copy of Home on a single PC.

For the freezing issue...
Are you using recent map version with the old software version? That can cause problems.

As it looks like you've previously tried the more recent software, but were able to roll back to the older version, then it sounds like you will be capable of putting the new software back on for a while to see if the freezing problem goes away?
At least then you'll know where the issue lies.

Also, do you have a large number of POIs enabled to show on the map? Try turning them all off for awhile to see if that improves matters.
frugalmike2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All sorted now I was advised on another forum to run the tomtom clear flash tool 3 times and all has been well for several days now Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: