Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DennisN
Tired Old Man
Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: At last speed cams are back ! Reply with quote

johngoodland wrote:
arseypop wrote:
The latest TomTom App has a folder called poi

Put all your .oggs, .pngs and .ov2 speedcam files in there.

Delete the mapsettings.cfg from the main map folder and replace it with Mike Alders' version.

Turn off TomTom speed cam and use show pois on map for the ones you want.

Thanks - All working, good to have it back. Prefer this to camerAlert (sorry guys)

BUT if you run CamerAlert in background behind the TT, you get the best of both worlds! Decent warning sounds and directional too.

If it tastes good - it's fattening.

Two of them are obesiting!!
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Is it possible to delete the tom tom alerts from the app. i have tried turning off speed alerts in - settings/Alerts / speed camera off, Speed alert off
but they still show on the screen and the alert still sounds,
Confused
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:50 pm    Post subject: pmobile alert Reply with quote

Can some one provide a mapsettings.cfg file that will allow pmobile alerts.
I have added the pmobile ogg & png files to the POI folder together with the ppmobile ov2 files.
The location of the pmobile camera now shows on the screen although only as a red blank icon, but there is no voice warning.
Thanks
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bondi699 if you pm me your email address I can send you a mapsettings.cfg file. My file warns for all the individual .ov2 files in both the UK and European databases, it warns at 700 yards and the metre equivalent for the European.

For your issue with seeing red squares instead of the proper symbols, it would indicate that your .png files don't match the strict criteria required by the app. I seem to remember then needing to be 24 bit image depth and ideally resized to 44x44 pixels to display on an IOS device screen.

Also I know that they used to need converting from .bmp to .png, but I thought that with 1.13 this was no longer necessary. I am still running a beta version of 1.13 but I do so with .bmp files rather than .png.
It may be that if you use the original .bmp files you won't get the red squares issue, although to view at a decent size you may need to resize them.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked again, on an IOS device running the latest public version of 1.13 and can confirm that it will operate perfectly with .bmp files and so DOES NOT now require .png files.

So you no longer have to convert your .bmp files to .png files.

I also checked the .bmp files in use on my device and they seem to have various bit depths ranging between 4 bit and 24 bit, so it would appear that bit depth is probably not crucial.

All my own .bmp files are 44 x44 pixels and this seems to display symbols large enough to be seen clearly on screen on an iPhone.

Last edited by adobbing on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi adobbing
Thanks for the offer of a mapsettingscfg which I will be pleased to accept
Pm sent containing my email address
As for the problem with the red squares where I should have pmobile symbols I'm using the bmp files downloaded with the latest camera data base, the bmp files have been renamed as png,There are two files per camera eg pmobile 30 will have two png files one at 22x22 And one at 44x44. Im only having issues with the pmobile symbols all others display correctly. Could this be a problem with the mapsettings file.
Could you include in your email all the bmp or png files that work on your device together with the mapsettings cfg file.
Or may be you could just send the complete set including ogg ?
Thanks
bondi699
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bondi699
You have mail!

As in my reply message to you, I would just delete the .png files and use the .bmp files from the PGPSW download, you no longer need to convert to .png with the 1.13 version of the IOS app.
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deleted the png's and replaced with the bmp's problem now is that the symbols are there but are very small the app is showing the 22x22 symbol rather than the 44x44
There is no symbol in the top left corner which i think should be the 44x44 the one showing on the map is the smaller 22x22
Do you know of any free ware that will allow me to resize.

pocketgps_uk_pmobile_30.bmp (this one is 22x22 and shows on the map)
pocketgps_uk_pmobile_30_X2.bmp (this one is 44x44 and doesnt show)
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDetail.htm

Allows you to batch convert files and specify output file settings such as resize and file format.

Hadn't noticed that there was no symbol in top left corner, but then when I hear the spoken alert my eyes would be on the road ahead :-)

Can't recall whether mine has ever displayed in the top left, but just tried playing around with image sizes and .png instead of .bmp and can't get it to dsiplay in top left.
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this Woking by removing the smaller 22x22 files and re naming the larger 44x44 files by removing. The _x at the end of the file name.
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got this Woking by removing the smaller 22x22 files and re naming the larger 44x44 files by removing. The _x at the end of the file name.
bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bondi699
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
Everything is now working fine, but I would like to attempt to modify the map settings cfg file to my own preference. Does anyone know of a programme that allows editing and saving as cfg I have tried poi editor and note pad but at the moment there is no option to save as cfg?
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bondi699 wrote:
Hi
Everything is now working fine, but I would like to attempt to modify the map settings cfg file to my own preference. Does anyone know of a programme that allows editing and saving as cfg I have tried poi editor and note pad but at the moment there is no option to save as cfg?

As far as I am aware this is very much the uncontainable, to create my mapsettings.cfg I used a backup of a TomTom GO 740 Live and created the individual warnings from there. The mapsettings.cfg i sent you was a copy if this.
I'm sure if there was a way of just editing the file, you wouldn't get people asking for it here!

If you do find a way of doing it, please share!
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to confirm the above... I know of programs which can OPEN a mapsettings.cfg file, but nothing that will SAVE one (apart from a TomTom itself).

Maybe... if you could list your exact preferences, some kind soul might offer to make one for you?
(I'm not sure, but they may well need to have the same map version as you have).

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 38 of 42

Jump to: