Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navman S50 3D lost memory :-(
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navman S50 3D lost memory :-(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ollyk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Navman S50 3D lost memory :-( Reply with quote

Hi folks ok my navman went a bit flakey and then suddenly when I used it last the docking screen came up after switch on - like it was plugged in to my PC.

In Device manager I can see, under Disk drives..

Navman Flash ROM USB Device
Navman SDMMC USB Device

So hardware is at least there!

Tried through Navdesk and it isn't recognised, I only get a folder come up with device.xml If I try to restore a backup (which I haven't got) I get the error The Navman you have connected to your computer does not have Navman software installed on it. Please install the software before continuing.
However the next screen is greyed out.

I have tried the MIO SmartST_S505 file but this does not seem to respond to my device.

I am sure I have missed a step that will enable me to restore my device to its former working self has anyone got any ideas?[/b]
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it do the same with a different power lead? Sometimes you need a manufacturer-specific USB power lead as they can be a bit naughty and make them subtly different so the device can tell if it's connected to PC or to charger.

MaFt
ollyk
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
Does it do the same with a different power lead? Sometimes you need a manufacturer-specific USB power lead as they can be a bit naughty and make them subtly different so the device can tell if it's connected to PC or to charger.

MaFt

No I have used this satnav since new and used all sorts of leads so I am certain this is not the case here. I wonder if there is anything I can do with an SD card? Or maybe I should try installing some other software on to test the device...
apick1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:26 am    Post subject: Navman Lost Memory Reply with quote

This reply is probably a year too late but it may help someone else.

When a Navman loses its software or is formatted when it first switches on it has one file device.xml which gives enough information to allow a usb connection to a PC.

However to reinstall the software you need a Navman or mio dvd which has the required installers and map software for the required satnav.

For example if you have a Navman S50 3D you need the DVD which has the installer and maps for this unit and also covers a S35, S55, S75, Moov 200, 300, 330, 360, 210, 310, 370.

Other DVD's cover a range of other models.

hope this helps someone.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Mio Navman Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: