Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Sygic POIs
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Sygic POIs
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
martin_coxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Fetman,

I have no problem with the conversion. The Sygic csv to rupi converter worked for me. My problem is that I don't want to upgrade from 11.0 until Sygic fixes the street name problem. They say that will be in 11.3 but can't put a date on it. It's been almost three months now with no fix.

With 11.0 there is no import directory and creating one doesn't help. So I have a subscription here, converted files but no way to import them unless anyone knows a workaround for the import function?

..or any chance that PGPSW will refund me and I'll come back and resubscribe when I have a way to get the cameras working with a working version of Sygic?
Fetman2012
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not clear what version you have installed, there was an update to 11.2.5 that works ok.
With version 11 you have to copy .rupi files to the "import" folder along with the .bmp file of the same name. Both files are transferred to different places.
There was a major change with POIs and v11.
It would be nice to be able to download an old out of data camera file to test how it works with Sygic. I would subscribe if I could be sure it works ok.
I use it at the moment for navigation and imported Geocaches.
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetman2012 wrote:
It would be nice to be able to download an old out of data camera file to test how it works with Sygic. I would subscribe if I could be sure it works ok.
Why not download one, or more, of the POI files from Here.

They will work in the same way that the Camera Files do.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
martin_coxy
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With Sygic v 11.0 there is no import folder. The ability to import custom poi's was introduced in 11.2 as far as I'm aware. I've tried creating an import folder but this has no impact as the import function just doesn't exist in the earlier version.

Does 11.2.5 have the street name fix? I understood that would come in 11.3

So I still don't think I can import the poi's into a version of Sygic with the working street names. I either stick with 11.0 and no poi's or upgrade to 11.2 to get the poi's but introduce the street name bug

If I'm wrong, that would be great news!
Fetman2012
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use v11.2.5, just checked and yes, I can navigate to street level. With postcodes they need to be entered in upper case otherwise they don't work.
When I refered to v11, I meant v11.2.5 which has the new POI entry system.
I can't remember if it had the "import" folder but it's easy to make one.

The only thing I don't like is not being able to have POI sounds for each category, ie, Gatso 40, Tesco fuel etc. The Tomtom .ogg files work sith Sygic.

Admin.... I have sent a cheque for Speed cams...
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetman2012 wrote:
I use v11.2.5, just checked and yes, I can navigate to street level. With postcodes they need to be entered in upper case otherwise they don't work.
When I refered to v11, I meant v11.2.5 which has the new POI entry system.
I can't remember if it had the "import" folder but it's easy to make one.

The only thing I don't like is not being able to have POI sounds for each category, ie, Gatso 40, Tesco fuel etc. The Tomtom .ogg files work sith Sygic.

Admin.... I have sent a cheque for Speed cams...

I am not sure what OS system you are running Sygic on, but with Android I have been able to put rupi POIS in since about update 11.2. And again I am not sure what the reference to a street name problem is but I have always been able to navigate to street level in every version of Sygic GPS, including Aura and Mobile Maps 9 & 10.

By the way you CAN use different customised spoken warnings with Sygic 11.2. Just put the PGPSW ogg files into Sygic's "sounds" file on your Android device - mine is located at Aura/Res/sounds. Then when you set up each warning for each POI just choose the relevant sound - from memory it may even be chosen automatically if the .ogg name is the same as the .rupi name, but I am not sure on that because I set it up a couple of months ago.

Having said that I no longer use the sound warnings at all, because the Sygic system is not directional so I get a lot of warnings about cameras on the other side of the road (as with most POI GPS systems). Instead I run CamerAlert (which is directional) in the background and have Sygic in the foreground. I then get screen warnings from Sygic for all cameras, including ones on the other side of the road, but get CamerAlert's sound warnings only for those on my side.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
Fetman2012
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm about to give up with Android and retun to WM6.5.
I have the dreaded Android GPS problem where it will not aquire for ages or not at all. Back to Tomton and proper POIs.
Thanks for all the helpful comments.
peterc10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fetman2012 wrote:
I'm about to give up with Android and retun to WM6.5.
I have the dreaded Android GPS problem where it will not aquire for ages or not at all. Back to Tomton and proper POIs.
Thanks for all the helpful comments.

I am not sure what you mean by the "dreaded Android GPS problem". There are one or two Android devices that are not very good at picking up GPS but AFAIK that has nothing to do with Android, but the way it is applied in those particular models.

Both of the Android phones I have had (HTC Hero and now HTC Sensation) have had no problem at all in locking onto satellites quickly and efficiently. They will even do it indoors, albeit that takes a bit longer. Both are better than my old WM6 HTC Touch Diamond in that respect, and at least equal to my wife's Tom Tom and iPad.

Not sure what you mean by "real" POIs either. I have CamerAlert and Sygic set up as stated in my previous post and I get the advantage of directional warnings whilst using PGPSW's far superior camera database.
Copilot for USA
Bury CC9060 bluetooth car kit & Brodit mount
rth741
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not use this file !
check it by https://www.virustotal.com/

I use...ov2upi translator 2.9.exe... from here...
http://www.mediafire.com/?73k6f5vq3yo0gv5.
Norton Internet security initailly said there was a problem only because a few people had downloaded it. Use it with Windows 7 as Administrator.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Points Of Interest (POIs) All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: