Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Any recommended repairer for a built-in system in NW London?
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Any recommended repairer for a built-in system in NW London?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Any recommended repairer for a built-in system in NW London? Reply with quote

I'm near Watford. The Denso based satnav in my car (Saab 9-5) no longer recognises the map DVD. I've tried other DVD's and it's still the same. I get one of the following error messages, either "The inserted disc is not a map DVD", or "Please insert a map DVD". Before it went completely dead, it would stop working for short periods and say "DVD Map Read Error".

It's only the map disc and DVD/CD unit that isn't working. The radio works and the rear CD player works.

So I need a repairer who can fix this, preferably not too far from me - N.W. London/Herts/Beds/Bucks.

I would have no problem removing the unit, but it is security coded. It seems to be the same unit as a 2004-2009 Land Rover as I use an updated map disc from LR in it (until it failed....). The LR discs are the same as the Saab ones but half the price. Rolling Eyes

Any help gratefully received.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try contacting These Chaps, I appreciate they cover the other Swedish make than what you have but well worth asking if they can help out, they are located North London from memory - Mike
sgould
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Now in a dilemma. But I think I will go down the new route. My unit needs a new DVD unit. It's only available from one source in Europe. About €350 to get it to UK. Then fitting and checking. About £350 to £400 all-in.

Given the severe limitations of the unit when working correctly, I think a modern unit with built in bluetooth etc. Will be better.

The biggest annoyance with the current one is that it cannot be changed while the car is moving. Health and safety, they say. But it annoys the hell out of my wife when she cant do anything while I'm driving, and vice versa.

But a close call. Maybe still if the adaptor leads are not available.
Western Europe Map
Eastern Europe Map
Kenwood DNX-4210DAB with Garmin maps

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Factory-Fit and In-Dash SatNav Systems All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: