Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Road Angel 7000 Adventurer Battery
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Road Angel 7000 Adventurer Battery

View previous topic :: View next topic  
classic1952
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:47 pm    Post subject: Road Angel 7000 Adventurer Battery Reply with quote

The battery in my Road Angel 7000 has failed yet again. Road Angel claim this is not user replaceable but it took less than a minute to remove it. Remove 4 screws & battery connector, then ease it off the double sided tape. Unfortunately there is no number on the battery and Road Angel are unhelpful! Does anyone know the battery type number, or alternatively the voltage and capacity of the battery? It seems strange that I can buy a battery for virtually any other device except a Road Angel! Thanks
alfie3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Road Angel 7000 Adventurer Battery Reply with quote

classic1952 wrote:
The battery in my Road Angel 7000 has failed yet again. Road Angel claim this is not user replaceable but it took less than a minute to remove it. Remove 4 screws & battery connector, then ease it off the double sided tape. Unfortunately there is no number on the battery and Road Angel are unhelpful! Does anyone know the battery type number, or alternatively the voltage and capacity of the battery? It seems strange that I can buy a battery for virtually any other device except a Road Angel! Thanks

I have the same problem but my battery has the no. 765264P on it. If you Google this there are a couple of Chinese companies that produce it.
It is a Lithium polymer cell, 3.7v 2600mAh, dimensions 7x52x63mm.
Unfortunately I can't see any option for purchasing it - I think they are wholesale suppliers. If you have any luck let me know.
classic1952
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:00 pm    Post subject: Road Angel 7000 battery Reply with quote

Thanks for that. I will let you know if I have any luck!
alfie3
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

www.satnavrepairservice.com quote £29.99 plus £6.95 return postage to replace the battery. Add another £6 or so to send the item & £43 seems a bit steep. If you live in London you could take it to Acton & save the postage.
CodeBreaker
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: It's easy to do Reply with quote

I have been using an Adventurer 7000 almost daily for a few years and I'm on my 3rd battery. The original battery was short lived and I changed it at little more than 12 months old (cost £3.80). Changing the battery is ever so easy, sourcing a battery is a tad more difficult but don't let it put you off. You can use ANY 3.7v LI battery that equals, or is less than the following dimensions:- 65X52X7mm. You may have to do a simple bit of terminating. The original battery has a third wire, green, snip it off, it doesn't do anything. Main problem is getting a high capacity battery within the physical dimension range. The original was 2600mAh, my 2nd battery was 1.8mAh. My current battery is 3000mAh (cost £12) but I had to remove the speaker to fit it into the unit, although this isn't a problem because I only need the unit for Memory Maps (I never liked the sat nav software). The speaker can always be re-fitted too. There appears to be some problem with Memory Map getting iPhone and Android apps up and running so I have decided to go Garmin Oregon and buy the UK maps again. Consequently I will have a perfectly working RA 7000 for sale on ebay along with all original accessories and bike mount. The full MM UK OS maps @ 1:50K might accidentally slip into the package when I post it to the buyer. I will have no further use for it.
snowman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know of a source for a suitable battery please? I have been searching for some time and only find correct size ones at Chinese Wholesalers who are not interested in supplying the odd battery.
Greybeard55
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Codebreaker wrote:
My current battery is 3000mAh (cost £12)

Would you be able to tell me where you found it, or what the reference for it is? I haven't been able to find one. Thanks!
Pev
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greybeard55 wrote:
Codebreaker wrote:
My current battery is 3000mAh (cost £12)

Would you be able to tell me where you found it, or what the reference for it is? I haven't been able to find one. Thanks!

I would also be keen to know where I can buy a 3000mAh for my RA 7000.
I sent my RA 7000 off to SatNav repair service (Mr Botez in Holloway road London) over a year ago now. He replaced the battery previously but it only lasted a few months and then died.
I only use it for walking so don't need the loudspeaker. I have been chasing him up for the passed year but keep getting lots of excuses why they haven't arrived from China. I'm due to phone him again mid December.
If I can buy the batteries anywhere else I'll get it back off him and do it myself.
snowman1
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was also unable to find these batteries.
In the end I bought 2 5000mah external power packs (search on ebay for High Capacity 5000mAh Portable External Battery) .
These work very well and are much cheaper. I also use it only for walking and I find that they sit together very well in a small bag in my pocket using a short cable with angled ends to connect the RA and Battery together.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Memory-Map All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: