Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike I have sent you the mapsettings.cfg file that is the earliest I have, it was created the same day as the original post in this thread, I am not too sure which version we were running back then!
You need to make sure your icons are also in the correct format to work with v1,6 again this might be bmp or it might be bmp format with the file extension renamed to png, the current icons in the download pack are pure 24 bit png so I doubt they will display on your device - Mike
Halohero
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cameras are currently showing on the tomtom app. How do I disable to voice alerts and run the camera alert app in back ground because them voice alerts are a lot smoother?

Thanks
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
I have never tried the mapsettings.cfg file from a PND but I doubt it would work as there are too many differences between this software and that used on the PND, I guess you could try it but I doubt it will work.
I also don't think copying the map from the iPhone to a Win Mobile device will work as maps are locked to the device there are purchased for - Mike

Hi Mike

Just reading your recent posts in this forum and thought I would share my experiences

I use a mapsetting.cfg file from an old TT GO Live 740 on my iPhone 4S, it works a treat!

I installed the OGG files and now get spoken warnings for the full database

I made a windows explorer copy of the TT GO Live 740 before it went to eBay and I now run that from a USB stick with TomTom Home.

It let me configure all the alerts and then I just copy the mapsettings.cfg file to the iPhone.
archchancellor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
... snip ... the set of files provided in the download on the first page of this thread when combined with a set of speed zoned ov2 files from the database will work fine with the v1,10 release from TomTom (assuming installed correctly) I checked this only last week just to be sure of what I am saying - Mike

Hi all - I upgraded to v1.10 yesterday. Once installed, I copied speed camera files, icons and ogg files across and (as I have done before) deleted the TomTom data files from the same directory, then copied across the old mapsettings.cfg file that I had saved just before the update.

All works fine - except that the ogg file sounds are not played when approaching a camera.

For the life of me I can't find a setting in the app to change this in any way. There's nothing under "settings - alerts". Under "settings - audio" I have set "voice volume" to "on" and moved the slider about 75% across to the right, and I have (under "settings - map") got the speed camera icons showing on the map. Nothing under "settings - advanced" looks relevant.

I feel a total chump - have never had this problem before! Can anyone help?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the TomTom app isn't running in the background, double click the Home button and if it appears in the list at the bottom of the screen shut it down. Once you have done this re-install just the mapsettings.cfg file making double sure you put it in to the correct folder on the iPhone - Mike
archchancellor
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Mike - I've done that.

Will try this out tomorrow ...

Many thanks again Smile
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just set a route and use demo mode to check if the camera warnings are working, you don't need to waste fuel checking you have it installed correctly - Mike
ocpsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 am    Post subject: European Database Reply with quote

Hi,

I've used the general method described on page 1 of this forum to install the European DB on an iPhone 4s running tom-tom 1.10.

I've renamed the bmp files to png in the hope that might work, and changed the map settings.cfg to warn at 500 yards for each type of camera & play a sound when near using an XL Live PND.

So far I have the camera positions showing on the european map but just placeholders rather then the actual images in the bmp files renamed to png.

However in the POI list on the iPhone tom-tom I can see these images.

Also the warning when near the cameras does not work.

The UK DB is installed & working perfectly as well.

Do you thing it's possible to get either the images of the cameras or the warnings to work on the european DB or am I wasting my time?

Many Thanks
Steve
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

ocpsteve wrote:
Hi,

I've used the general method described on page 1 of this forum to install the European DB on an iPhone 4s running tom-tom 1.10.

I've renamed the bmp files to png in the hope that might work, and changed the map settings.cfg to warn at 500 yards for each type of camera & play a sound when near using an XL Live PND.

So far I have the camera positions showing on the european map but just placeholders rather then the actual images in the bmp files renamed to png.

Do you thing it's possible to get either the images of the cameras or the warnings to work on the european DB or am I wasting my time?

Many Thanks
Steve

I had issues using a file created / modified on a live xl and so switched back to a file originating from a go 740 live.

Another point to watch out for is which set of warnings is your .cfg set up for, i.e. If the file is set up with warnings for the complete zoned it won't warn for the condensed version.

My file is set up for the full version of both uk and European and is set at 700 yards for each .ov2 file.
It seemed to work fine on my drive to the south of France, where I am now. If you want a copy, pm me with an email address.

Last edited by adobbing on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

I also had problems when renaming the .bmp files and ended up using a freeware image editor called fastzone http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDownload.htm
It allows you to batch convert and in the advanced settings you can specify output image size / file type etc
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icons need to be saved as png format files at 24 bit colour depth in order to work, there is a full set of icons in the zip download from page one of this thread that are already configured to work with the iPhone app - Mike
ocpsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: European Database Reply with quote

mikealder wrote:
The icons need to be saved as png format files at 24 bit colour depth in order to work, there is a full set of icons in the zip download from page one of this thread that are already configured to work with the iPhone app - Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info about the images.

The file from page one for the iPhone 4 has the UK icons but not the european ones unless I'm missing something ....

Seems like editing the cfg file is a bit of a hit & miss affair depending on which PND you happen to use ... have you ever come across any third party cfg editors?

Cheers
Steve
ocpsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
I also had problems when renaming the .bmp files and ended up using a freeware image editor called fastzone http://www.faststone.org/FSResizerDownload.htm
It allows you to batch convert and in the advanced settings you can specify output image size / file type etc

Great stuff, I'll give that ago ...

Many Thanks
Steve
ocpsteve
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
ocpsteve wrote:
Hi,

Many Thanks
Steve

I had issues using a file created / modified on a live xl and so switched back to a file originating from a go 740 live.

Another point to watch out for is which set of warnings is your .cfg set up for, i.e. If the file is set up with warnings for the complete zoned it won't warn for the condensed version.

My file is set up for the full version of both uk and European and is set at 700 yards for each .ov2 file.
It seemed to work fine on my drive to the south of France, where I am now. If you want a copy, pm me with an email address.

Fantastic that works great now, thank you very much.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: European Database Reply with quote

ocpsteve wrote:
adobbing wrote:
ocpsteve wrote:
Hi,

Many Thanks
Steve

Fantastic that works great now, thank you very much.

Good stuff, glad to help! Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 31 of 42

Jump to: