Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
SurfShark VPN
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - France To Ban Sale And Use Of Speed Camera Warning Systems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

France To Ban Sale And Use Of Speed Camera Warning Systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for the cfg file s3dbw

I unzipped the files from the download and edited the poitools.cfg file so it has the French Camera data.I placed all the files (except the zip file as it had been unzipped) into the root folder of the tomtom
This is the info on the cfg file as per s3dbw
Quote:
# Info: Toute ligne commençant par "#" est considérée comme un commentaire et ne sera pas prise en compte par le script
#
# La ligne définissant le mode de fonctionnement du script devra commencer par "Option=" et être suivi de l'une des 3 options suivantes:
# SAVE&RESTORE : L'icône du menu est remplacé par un autre permettant la sauvegarde/restauration des POIs
# ERASE : L'icône du menu est supprimé, toutes les traces/fichiers du script sont supprimés ainsi que tous les POIs
# HIDE&SAVE : L'icône du menu est supprimé, les fichiers du script et les POIs sont sauvegardés dans un répertoire banalisé dans le Tomtom
Option=SAVE&RESTORE
#
# La ligne définissant le mode de Debugging du script devra commencer par "ModeDebug=" et doit être suivi de l'option DEBUG pour avoir accès au fichier Log du script:
#ModeDebug=
#
# La ligne définissant le mode de redémarrage du Tomtom devra commencer par "ModeRestart=" et peut être suivi des options suivantes:
# REBOOT : Le Tomtom redémarre après l'utilisation du script
# Dans le cas où ModeRestart n'est pas paramétré, seules les applications Tomtom sont stoppées/relancées (ceci n'est pas suffisant pour prendre en compte les changements réalisés par PoiTools).
#
ModeRestart=REBOOT
#
# Les lignes suivantes devront être renseignées avec les noms des fichiers POIs qui vont être pris en charge par le script. N'utiliser que les noms sans aucune extension.
# ex: Zone_dangereuse_Test (qui va s'appliquer à tous les fichiers: Zone_dangereuse_Test.ov2, Zone_dangereuse_Test.bmp, Zone_dangereuse_Test_x2.bmp, Zone_dangereuse_Test.ogg)
#
Fr Fixed
Fr Mobile
Fr Redlight
Fr Specs
CH Fixed
CH Mobile
CH Redlight
pocketgps_eur_gatso
pocketgps_eur_mobile
pocketgps_eur_redlight
pocketgps_eur_specs

I started my Tomtom
On the 3rd page menu screen are the words
"Outils POI" with 3 arrows (yellow,blue,red) on the icon button. I pressed it and it took me back to the main screen of where my car is located on the map.I restarted the Tomtom but all the French cameras are still there.On the the 3rd page menu screen is the button "Outil POI" with 2 reverse swirling lines.Pressing this just goes back to the screen with the location of my car on the map.

These are the added files that were added to my TT root folder:-
OPT/bin/PoiTools.sh
OPT/etc/PoiTools.cfg
OPT/tmp/backup/mapsettings.cfg
OPT/tmp/backup/pocketgps_eur_redlight.bmp
OPT/tmp/backup/pocketgps_eur_redlight.ov2
OPT/tmp/backup/PoiTools.bkp
OPT/tmp/PoiTools.bmp
OPT/tmp/PoiTools_restore.bmp
sdkregistry/PoiTools.bmp
sdkregistry/PoiTools.cap
PoiTools.pdf
PoiTools_LisezMoi.txt

Can anyone please advise what am I doing wrong?
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
Map 'Western_Europe' v875.3669
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your configuration of files on the machine looks OK, a couple of obvious questions:

1. Exactly how are your POI files named?
2. You say you rebooted the machine, the program works by rebooting itself, this takes about 30-40sec and will automatically reboot your machine, when this happens the "outils POI" icon will go gray and show to circular arrows

regards
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
The files are downloaded from this sites speed camera alert page and cut and pasted into the Western GB folder on the TomTom
I have copied the names of some from the TT as shown below
eg
pocketgps_eur_gatso_70_X2.bmp
pocketgps_eur_gatso_70.bmp
pocketgps_eur_gatso_70.ov2
pocketgps_eur_mobile_80.bmp
pocketgps_eur_mobile_80.ov2
pocketgps_eur_mobile_80_X2.bmp
pocketgps_eur_pmobile_20.bmp
pocketgps_eur_pmobile_20.ov2
pocketgps_eur_pmobile_20_X2.bmp
pocketgps_eur_redlight.bmp
pocketgps_eur_redlight.ov2
pocketgps_eur_redlight_X2.bmp

When pressing the Outils button the TT doesnt reboot, it just goes to the 3D map showing the current location of the car.When I then manually reboot the gray outils button with the circular arrows is there but so are the French speed cameras when I browse the French map
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
Map 'Western_Europe' v875.3669
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

You are going to have to modify the cfg file assuming you are using the cfg file as per your previous post as the names of the POI files are different. Obviously you are not using the FR or CH prefixes as per my own arrangement so you can delete those, the pocketgps_eur_redlight, pocketgps_eur_mobile etc you can keep, but where there are additional files like pocketgps_eur_redlight_X2.bmp, you can delete as the program looks for files with the same prefixes, so the _X2 will not be recognised as part of the "redlight" group. Also you dont put the file extensions on. You are also going to have add all the other prefixes you have such as:

pocketgps_eur_gatso_70
pocketgps_eur_mobile_80
pocketgps_eur_pmobile

plus any others you have, otherwise it wont recognise the poi's and therefore wont delete

Cheers
RogerTil
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunnind wrote:
Last week I bought a copy of a popular french weekly car mag that starts by giving details of the latest camera installtions. Each camera has a photo plus a general description of where it is located. This used to be followed by the GPS position but now it gives 2 GPS poitions, a start and finish of the appropriate "zone" for the speed limit of the road.
This week it has a roundup of the different camera (radar) warning devices. A new Coyote wins 100% as they state this unit has the zones for every radar in France and is kept updated as you drive with any new additions, speed limit changes etc.
Dave
Rolling Eyes

Anyone know what the latest news is for France ? I will be driving across France next week and would like to know whether using CamerAlert on my Android phone will be legal or not.
Not a huge problem if I can't as I pretty much stick to the limit, but it's easy to miss a switch to 110 limit when you're cruising along at 130kph.

I did a search of the forum for France Camera, but couldn't find any more recent news...

TIA Rog
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most recent appears to be here:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5560/~/is-the-tomtom-speed-camera-service-legal%3F
RogerTil
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Most recent appears to be here:

http://uk.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5560/~/is-the-tomtom-speed-camera-service-legal%3F

Thanks for that, but not sure how it applies to CamerAlert on android...
sussamb
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confirms the law is still in force. Applies to ALL devices, including Android phones Wink
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Applies to ALL devices, including Android phones Wink
Dont forget it also includes the stupid iPhone etc. as well Very Happy
RogerTil
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sussamb wrote:
Confirms the law is still in force. Applies to ALL devices, including Android phones Wink

True Smile

I was wondering though if there had been an update to CamerAlert....
M8TJT
The Other Tired Old Man
The Other Tired Old Man

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CA does not use 'Danger zones' as required by France but uses absolute camera positions which are allegedly not allowed. So therefore strictly speaking, CA is illegal in France. But have a little think about what's the chances of getting caught, especially if you have CA running in the background. Your choice Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: