Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - France To Ban Sale And Use Of Speed Camera Warning Systems
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

France To Ban Sale And Use Of Speed Camera Warning Systems
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If anyone is interested there is a new version of POI Delete out:
http://www.tomtomheaven.com/index.php/plugins-applications/1039-poitools-nouveau-delpoi-

Works ok on a GO740 fitted with latest version of TomTom
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link not working!
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is been moved to:

http://www.tomtomheaven.com/index.php/plugins/plugins-applications/1039-poitools-nouveau-delpoi-
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the English version try This Link. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose the POI Tools (New delpoi) from the Plugins.

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
cunnind
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week I bought a copy of a popular french weekly car mag that starts by giving details of the latest camera installtions. Each camera has a photo plus a general description of where it is located. This used to be followed by the GPS position but now it gives 2 GPS poitions, a start and finish of the appropriate "zone" for the speed limit of the road.
This week it has a roundup of the different camera (radar) warning devices. A new Coyote wins 100% as they state this unit has the zones for every radar in France and is kept updated as you drive with any new additions, speed limit changes etc.
Dave
Rolling Eyes
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a novice to this and need to know what I am doing wrong after going through the instructions a number of times.

I downloaded and unzipped the PoiTools v1.0 and added the files to my TomTom XXL root folder.I wasnt clear on what to do next but thought I had to (so I did) remove the poifiles.cfg file from one of the new folders to generate a .txt file
I then pressed the icon on the 3rd page of the menus to run the script to generate the poifiles.txt file which it did (there are no options,the Tomtom just goes back to the map page showing my cars location whenever the "Outils POI" menu button is pressed)
It has removed everyone of all the pocketgpsforum euro camera POIs except for four and wont bring the others back:
eur gatso 55
euro pmobile 35
euro pmobile 55
euro pmobile 65
I then added back the poifiles.cfg file to the new folder beside the poifiles.txt file

Tomtom XXL Classic Series with lane images (bought new Dec 2011)
App 9.430.890926.2
OS 842337
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
Map 'Western_Europe' v875.3669

Thankyou
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the euro cameras are still in the TomTom Western GB folder and available to re-add back from the Add POI menu with the poitool files removed
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckMR2 wrote:
I am a novice to this and need to know what I am doing wrong after going through the instructions a number of times.

I downloaded and unzipped the PoiTools v1.0 and added the files to my TomTom XXL root folder.I wasnt clear on what to do next but thought I had to (so I did) remove the poifiles.cfg file from one of the new folders to generate a .txt file
I then pressed the icon on the 3rd page of the menus to run the script to generate the poifiles.txt file which it did (there are no options,the Tomtom just goes back to the map page showing my cars location whenever the "Outils POI" menu button is pressed)
It has removed everyone of all the pocketgpsforum euro camera POIs except for four and wont bring the others back:
eur gatso 55
euro pmobile 35
euro pmobile 55
euro pmobile 65
I then added back the poifiles.cfg file to the new folder beside the poifiles.txt file

Tomtom XXL Classic Series with lane images (bought new Dec 2011)
App 9.430.890926.2
OS 842337
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281

Thankyou

The txt file simple lists all the poi's you have on the map and the cfg file sits in the etc folder. So as you have said it is simple a matter of listing those files you wish to delete. There are some options how the program handles the files. The default is save and restore which will allow you to delete the files then subsequently restore at a later date, however it takes about 30-40 sec once you have pressed the button for the unit to reboot, provided you have the reboot option in the "moderestart". If you like I can send you a copy of my cfg file for comparison?

regards
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and thanks for the response
The problem though is when the menu button is pressed it doesnt list any options , it only takes me back to the map showing the location of the car.Is this "app" applicable to ,y TomTom?
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckMR2 wrote:
Hi and thanks for the response
The problem though is when the menu button is pressed it doesnt list any options , it only takes me back to the map showing the location of the car.Is this "app" applicable to ,y TomTom?

Not sure what you mean. On the tomtom screen the only button for this program is the one you press to make the poi's disappear, then reappear again. Any options have to be manually configured in the cfg file using notepad or similar
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought when the hide poi button was pressed a number of options were then available eg hide and restore, permanently delete and another.
how do I get the Poi.s back and are there supposed to be 2 files beside each other ie .txt and .cfg?
Is there an easier one to use where I just put it in the root folder and the thing will just work without any unclear "configuring"?
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckMR2 wrote:
I thought when the hide poi button was pressed a number of options were then available eg hide and restore, permanently delete and another.
how do I get the Poi.s back and are there supposed to be 2 files beside each other ie .txt and .cfg?
Is there an easier one to use where I just put it in the root folder and the thing will just work without any unclear "configuring"?

The configuration for the options is in the cfg file which you need to temporarily copy to the PC to edit. Make sure you have the following in the cfg file:

Option=SAVE&RESTORE
ModeRestart=REBOOT

followed by a list of the camera files

Note, make sure there is no # before any of the above or it will disregard the instruction. You only need the cfg file in the etc folder in the tomtom directory, however i left the generated txt file in this directory as well.

regards
Guivre46
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cunnind wrote:
This week it has a roundup of the different camera (radar) warning devices. A new Coyote wins 100% as they state this unit has the zones for every radar in France and is kept updated as you drive with any new additions, speed limit changes etc.
Dave
Rolling Eyes

Thought Coyote was a French only machine, but see it is in the UK too. Seems to be an OTA connected device. Subscription is nearly £100pa!! Though free[?] for first year.
Kia In-dash Tomtom
BuckMR2
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s3dbw wrote:
If you like I can send you a copy of my cfg file for comparison?

regards

I would appreciate that as I am running out of time now and have still to get this to work Sad
GPS v1.20
Boot 5.5281
s3dbw
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuckMR2 wrote:
s3dbw wrote:
If you like I can send you a copy of my cfg file for comparison?

regards

I would appreciate that as I am running out of time now and have still to get this to work Sad

You have mail!

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 11 of 12

Jump to: