Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Helping Motorists Focus At Government 1st Ever SatNav Summit
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Helping Motorists Focus At Government 1st Ever SatNav Summit
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fellwalker
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the waste of money in a public meeting http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-16591705 about blocking Stanhope Ford over a stream that only imbeciles try to drive through when unsafe. It is on the satnav route, marked as a ford on the POIs, so people seek it out to drive through. I remember doing this with my Dad decades ago, but not if there was heavy rain or the river at all swollen. They should be done for dangerous or careless driving and charged the cost of the rescue. Same for Lindisfarne's causeway.

(Remove pin, stand well back) Anyone blindly following a satnav route is guilty of careless driving, as they are not taking notice of the road conditions.

On another topic, I got this amazing email from Teleatlas today. It said:
"Thank you for contacting Tele Atlas. Based on a review of your report, we can now confirm that the change you suggested has been made. It will go out in the next release of our map database. This report is now closed. " I had told them that a road was private and should not be routed along.
Samsung Galaxy Note 9, Nexus 5, Galaxy tab S3. Also use OSMAnd+, Sygic Mobile Maps, and OS maps app. Also "Great Britain Topo Maps" and "Old Maps". Don't use speed camera database as sticking to the limit is safer.
andyt8
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spook51 wrote:
I always thought UK roads are classified: motorways, A roads and B roads. All others are unclassified as far as the motorist is concerned.

Maybe most motorists are unaware of the lower classifications but the local council responsible for roads are and so were Navteq when I went to to their website to report road corrections last year.

In fact a lot of the routing down country lanes would seem to be incorrect classification of these minor roads which I guess they do from sat imagery.

When reporting corrections I tell them to go and look at Google Street View if they don't believe my report as they can then see the road junction markings and the restriction signs on the poles next to the road. Ideal...

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> News And Latest Information All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: