Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - New firmware being offered Version 11.030 for Go Live 1000
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

New firmware being offered Version 11.030 for Go Live 1000
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HenryMitchell wrote:

It all works as you describe but if you have chosen the "Ask me" option it doesn't show you a map of the alternative route so when it asks you if you want to switch routes you don't know what you are switching to!

Even if you ignore the message box and tap bottom right of the status bar?
HenryMitchell
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy_P wrote:
HenryMitchell wrote:

It all works as you describe but if you have chosen the "Ask me" option it doesn't show you a map of the alternative route so when it asks you if you want to switch routes you don't know what you are switching to!

Even if you ignore the message box and tap bottom right of the status bar?

Yes, the bottom right tap just shows a summary of the current route.

You can get a comparison of old and new routes with an option to revert to the original, but only if you manually ask for an alternative route or manually ask to avoid a reported traffic incident.
Map: Europe v920.5244 (11/2013)
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bit the bullet and renewed my Live sub and map subscription.

Anyway, on Sunday was my first trip, click on recently used destinations and it reported back it was impossible to navigate to the location.

Tried a couple more with the same issue as it did from my custom poi list.

In the end, I just had to guess the address as I could not recall all the detail.

Doing a google, I found it suggested a factory reset which works but in the favourites now all I get a name with the old favourite star rather than a choice of icons which I think the new software added.

Not a big deal, but I can find no way to change them so they have different icons (unlike the ones it auto created that did not work).

HummerUK
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about your last sentence, but to get the "Favourite destinations" back, you go to Start-up preferences and select "Ask me for a destination". You can then configure the Favourites you want to use.

EDIT: For completeness, I should add how to get rid of them again!

To make them NOT show on start-up, just go back to Start-up Preferences and select one of the other two choices.

But that still leaves them on the Navigate to.... Favourites page.

To get rid of them from there, you need to go to "Configure" on the Favourites page, say "Yes" to the next question (I know that seems wrong!) then un-select all the destinations except "Home", then answer "No" to the question about changing addresses.

Once you've done all that, the NEXT time you go to the Favourites screen, they should be back to the normal long list.
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks,

As my device wants to install another 24 files I will get it out of the car and try.

EDIT:

Still no luck, under navigate to favourites all I can get is the star list and no joy trying to change the format.

Under settings, start up all I get is "Continue where I left off", "Ask For A Destination" or "Show the main menu".

HummerUK
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Hummer... I'm possibly getting confused what you want now!

If you want to be asked for "Favourite destinations" when you switch the power on, then you DO select "Ask For A Destination" in Start-up preferences.

You should then get a whole procedure to choose between 1 and 11 destinations to be used.
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shall try and take some pictures to explain...

However, at the moment my one wants to install new software, Europe map and you guessed it speed cameras Smile

HummerUK
HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My one is now 11.031.860447.74 with map 'Europe' v885.4007, Release date: 1/2012

Back to my Favourite issue Smile

If I touch Navigate to.. then Favourite I just get a list of names with a star to the left.

Before I did the factory reset it had under Favourites had icons for destinations with I think the option to change the icon to a picture of a building a the profile of a persons head.

This now seems to have gone.

Not of course that it is that important Smile

HummerUK
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over the last week I've seen two new things I've never seen before:

1. When there was traffic on the route a new bar appeared at the top of the screen with the words "Alternative route 2 minutes quicker" and a few minutes later "Alternative route no faster". The wording might be out but that's the gist of it. This also had a green square within the bar which if tapped asked if I wanted to switch to that route. I hope this isn't instead of the fullscreen prompt + spoken prompt that used to come up "the traffic delay on your route is now x minutes, a faster route is available..." with the voice activated Yes/No option. I don't touch the sat nav when driving.

2. I got a red triangle with a car and what looked like rain or ice behind it on the screen. This appeared next to the zoom icon in the top left of the screen. Digging through the old manual I'm guessing this is a weather warning for my route but the old manual suggested this would be on the traffic bar on the right. Maybe it has moved?
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HummerUK wrote:

If I touch Navigate to.. then Favourite I just get a list of names with a star to the left.

Before I did the factory reset it had under Favourites had icons for destinations with I think the option to change the icon to a picture of a building a the profile of a persons head.

OK. Have you tried what I said in the post above?

Quote:
If you want to be asked for "Favourite destinations" when you switch the power on, then you DO select "Ask For A Destination" in Start-up preferences.

You should then get a whole procedure to choose between 1 and 11 destinations to be used.

HummerUK
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks

You are indeed a genius.

I see now that wizard option only runs when startup is set to "Ask for a destination".

HummerUK

Andy_P wrote:
HummerUK wrote:

OK. Have you tried what I said in the post above?

Quote:

erinafare
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scotty76 wrote:
Over the last week I've seen two new things I've never seen before:

1. When there was traffic on the route a new bar appeared at the top of the screen with the words "Alternative route 2 minutes quicker" and a few minutes later "Alternative route no faster". The wording might be out but that's the gist of it. This also had a green square within the bar which if tapped asked if I wanted to switch to that route. I hope this isn't instead of the fullscreen prompt + spoken prompt that used to come up "the traffic delay on your route is now x minutes, a faster route is available..." with the voice activated Yes/No option. I don't touch the sat nav when driving.

2. I got a red triangle with a car and what looked like rain or ice behind it on the screen. This appeared next to the zoom icon in the top left of the screen. Digging through the old manual I'm guessing this is a weather warning for my route but the old manual suggested this would be on the traffic bar on the right. Maybe it has moved?

I was also getting the alternate route quicker message but found it awkward to touch the screen whilst driving so unless it was more than 15 minits delay ignored it. Last time I had the message was at the weekend. Today got the voice activated message worked like a dream much better than trying to jab the screen. Could this have been part of update a couple of days ago. I have not touched any settings since last using satnav.
Very happy so far with new screen icons and menus.
Now have 1005 not Go530 as specified on screen do I change info in profile.

Go 1005
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erinafare wrote:

Now have 1005 not Go530 as specified on screen do I change info in profile.

Go to the top of this screen and you should see a link for "Profile" in the white bar.
Click on that and the box to change your signature (the bit that shows at the bottom of your posts) is about 2/3 down.
scotty76
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was also getting the alternate route quicker message but found it awkward to touch the screen whilst driving so unless it was more than 15 minits delay ignored it.

Ditto. I never touch the sat nav whilst driving so it went from being a usable feature to useless. I'm glad to hear it seems to be back to the way it was as I much prefer this. Thanks for posting.
erinafare
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for your replies.
As you can see have now changed my profile. Very Happy

Go 1005

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: