Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - camera alert for android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

camera alert for android

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
rogill
Lifetime Member


Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Posts: 23
Location: North Notts..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: camera alert for android Reply with quote

Just subscribed to the camara database today which I understand covers three units.
Can anyone tell me if one of the units can be an android phone and if so how to install on the phone.
Thanks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AliOnHols
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier


Joined: Oct 15, 2008
Posts: 1932

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, one of the the devices can be you Android phone. To get CamerAlert on your phone you need to visit the Android market and download the CamerAlert app.
_________________
Garmin Nuvi 2599
Android with CamerAlert, OsmAnd+, Waze & TT Europe.
TomTom GO 730, GO 930, GO 940 & Rider2.
SatMap Active 10 & 20.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rogill
Lifetime Member


Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Posts: 23
Location: North Notts..

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
Yes, one of the the devices can be you Android phone. To get CamerAlert on your phone you need to visit the Android market and download the CamerAlert app.


Thanks, so on the android market its a paid for app but it still counts as one of the three devices ?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member


Joined: Jan 10, 2004
Posts: 2777
Location: Bonnie Scotland (West Central)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AliOnHols wrote:
To get CamerAlert on your phone you need to visit the Android market and buy the CamerAlert app.

_________________
Jock

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Duddy
Lifetime Member


Joined: Dec 09, 2006
Posts: 219
Location: Manchester UK

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rogill wrote:
AliOnHols wrote:
Yes, one of the the devices can be you Android phone. To get CamerAlert on your phone you need to visit the Android market and download the CamerAlert app.


Thanks, so on the android market its a paid for app but it still counts as one of the three devices ?


Yes, this will be one of three (sounds like the Borg), the App costs 0.59 but your purchase of the database allows you to update your camerAlert weekly.

It's the updates that count for one of three.
_________________
HUAWEI P30 Pro (new edition) with Speedtrap Alert & alcatel1 for SatNav
CoPilot 10 with CamerAlert
RoadHawk in-car video
Reading glasses getting thicker as is my waist
Retired but want to go back to work for a rest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
rogill
Lifetime Member


Joined: Jul 12, 2006
Posts: 23
Location: North Notts..

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duddy wrote:
rogill wrote:
AliOnHols wrote:
Yes, one of the the devices can be you Android phone. To get CamerAlert on your phone you need to visit the Android market and download the CamerAlert app.


Thanks, so on the android market its a paid for app but it still counts as one of the three devices ?


Yes, this will be one of three (sounds like the Borg), the App costs 0.59 but your purchase of the database allows you to update your camerAlert weekly.

It's the updates that count for one of three.

Thanks that explains it.Will download the app.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message







Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert on Android All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Powered by phpBB 2.0.11 © 2001 phpBB Group
phpBB port v2.1 based on Tom Nitzschner's phpbb2.0.6 upgraded to phpBB 2.0.4 standalone was developed and tested by:
ArtificialIntel, ChatServ, mikem,
sixonetonoffun and Paul Laudanski (aka Zhen-Xjell).

Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops 2003 http://www.nukecops.com

Make a Donation



CamerAlert Database

Click here for the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database

Download Speed Camera Database
20.114 (23 Nov 22)



WORLDWIDE SPEED CAMERA SPOTTERS WANTED!

Click here to submit camera positions to the PocketGPSWorld.com Speed Camera Database


12mth Subscriber memberships awarded every week for verified new camera reports!

Submit Speed Camera Locations Now


CamerAlert Apps



iOS QR Code






Android QR Code







Terms & Privacy


GPS Shopping