Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Satmap future
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Satmap future

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spudsocks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Satmap future Reply with quote

Just wondering whether anybody knows if there is an upgrade on its way from satmap. Im a big fan of Satmap, But getting worried they might get left behind by rivals.
lucevans
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking the same thing. Great product as it is, the Active 10 is a few years old now and technology does move on. I hope they're working on it's successor...something with a higher resolution OLED display, better weather sealing, A HARDENED SCRATCH-RESISTANT SCREEN, and above all, full compatibility with all existing map cards (please don't do a Memory Map on us, Satmap!).
spudsocks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. that's what i would like to see, plus a better way of removing and replacing batteries. ie changing lipo batteries. Too fiddly at the moment
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. We have had pretty frequent software updates, but the hasrdware is starting to show it's age, and could be improved.

However - the first thing I would like to see improved is the on-line route planning.
Why can't we have a full screen map like http://www.walkhighlands.co.uk/maps/
To be honest I have just logged into the Satmap planner foir the first time in years just to check they hadn't changed it without letting us know!

I would also like to be able to download 1:25k map areas (tiles?) direct from the internet. I would guess that they would have to be loaded onto an existing SatMap map card, as that could be recognised?

Something else that I would like to see would be the facility to hire a 1:25k map card. I visit some places so infrequently that a £100 map card is not a justifiable expense, but a £10 rental for a week or two would be fine. I have mailed SatMap about this, and they say they are looking into it. Perhaps if they had a few more enquiries it may speed things up?

As far as hardware is concerned, the fragile feeling plug for the battery cradle/rechargable battery should be improved, and the clear cover is too easily scratched.

The USB cover is certainly a weakness also.

I see no need to lighten or reduce the bulk of the unit, but a latrger screen would be nice.

This is all, of course, just IMHO.

Roger
Rogerfrit
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duplicate - please delete.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: