Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Cannot get checkpoint to work
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Cannot get checkpoint to work

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtfulBodger
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Cannot get checkpoint to work Reply with quote

I am running TT3, 2215 and have downloaded checkpoint V2 and the camera DB. All installed OK, but I get nothing, no warnings, no icons absolutely nothing.

I have checked the existance of the files on my SD card and they are there. I have followed all the instructions, ticked all the relevant boxes and still nothing. I have tried adding cameras and can see their locations in the file, but still nothing.

The only odd thing (apart from it not working) is that even though the box is ticked, shutting down checkpoint does not shut down TT, although starting up is OK.

Any ideas?.

By the way, is it possible for an entry for checkpoint, like TT, on the initial PDS menu?

Cheers
Mike
swing
Pocket GPS Verifier
Pocket GPS Verifier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 9:14 am    Post subject: Re: Cannot get checkpoint to work Reply with quote

ArtfulBodger wrote:
I am running TT3, 2215 and have downloaded checkpoint V2 and the camera DB. All installed OK, but I get nothing, no warnings, no icons absolutely nothing.

Okay have you enabled the camera DB within TomTom - File/Properties/POI - select to show POIs, and make sure the camera DB is ticked - this does not affect CheckPOInt, but does show them on the map.

Quote:
I have checked the existance of the files on my SD card and they are there. I have followed all the instructions, ticked all the relevant boxes and still nothing. I have tried adding cameras and can see their locations in the file, but still nothing.
What have you set for the Overlay Settings for the camera DB within CheckPOInt? Tell me the settings on each of the screens for the camera DB overlay - I'm sure one of them will be the explanation of the problem.

Quote:
The only odd thing (apart from it not working) is that even though the box is ticked, shutting down checkpoint does not shut down TT, although starting up is OK.
You can specify to start TT when CheckPOInt starts, and specify to shutdown CheckPOInt when TT closes, but shutting down CheckPOInt will never shutdown TT - to shut them both down in one go you need to shutdown TT.

Quote:
By the way, is it possible for an entry for checkpoint, like TT, on the initial PDS menu?
Sure - if you know what you are doing with shortcuts, I'm sure it's possible - however, I jsut assigned one of the hardware buttons to launch CheckPOInt, and then within CheckPOInt use the same hardware button to add new POIs.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: