Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

PGPSW Speed Camera Database on TomTom iPhone App
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: v1.8 upgrade - first thoughts. Reply with quote

mistersaxon wrote:
5. Multi-point routes! Welcome, my friends, to the 21st century! My old Garmin Quest could do that and it's got to be 8 years old . . . .

Dead right. Mind you, older TomToms could do it too. At least, an early version of TT Nav could (through 'itineraries') and I believe many TT PNDs could. Not that itineraries were very well-implemented; let's hope multi-point routes are.
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we have the ver 1.8 mapsettings file please?
TIA,
Pete
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGumby wrote:
[quote.When you say the cameras don't show up, do you mean the PNGs don't appear on the map or just that the OGGs don't play?

If the former, I assume you've checked the settings to see that 'POIs on Map' is set to ON and the cameras are selected in 'POI types'?

These are the steps I toook MrGrumby.
1. Upgraded to v1.8 via iTunes (auto setting, now disabled).
2. Checked folder - pgpsw cameras & voice files were not there.
3. Copied cameras & voice files to iphone4.
4. Copied cfg file to correct folder (system asked to replace existing one).
5. Disconnected & restarted TomTom.
6. POIs on Map is set to on, pgpsw cameras not listed in POI types.

I have taken my MBPro to work & I am now going to delete TomTom from my iphone then download again, then try & copy the files over afresh.
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you copy the mapsettings.cfg across to the folder on the iPhone make sure the TomTom app isn't running in the background or the changes won't take effect - Mike
mistersaxon
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davast wrote:
These are the steps I toook MrGrumby.
1. Upgraded to v1.8 via iTunes (auto setting, now disabled).
2. Checked folder - pgpsw cameras & voice files were not there.
3. Copied cameras & voice files to iphone4.
4. Copied cfg file to correct folder (system asked to replace existing one).
5. Disconnected & restarted TomTom.
6. POIs on Map is set to on, pgpsw cameras not listed in POI types.

I have taken my MBPro to work & I am now going to delete TomTom from my iphone then download again, then try & copy the files over afresh.

It is necessary to quit the app if it's running before you copy in the files and especially copy the mapsettings.cfg. You'd like to think upgrading the app would stop it but it doesn't seem to! I don't know what the issue is with the pop-up icons (and I'm not that fussed TBH) but the cameras appear on the map in 2D mode and the voice alerts work with the mapsettings.cfg file as provided in the download. You should have OGG, PNG and OV2 files in the App Data / MAP folder and the .cfg file in the Documents / MAP folder. Check the properties of the .cfg file in Diskaid - if it's not from last year it hasn't been replaced by you.
And good luck!
w/ Interphone BT headset on a Honda Blackbird (should change this really - the bike, not the headset)
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The icon that used to display top left corner when approaching a camera disapeared with v1,7 and its still missing with v1,8 this is a small loss as it never worked very well on the iPhone4 as the alignment was way out of position and scale.

You should still get the icons on the map and the spoken warnings when approaching a camera in the database assuming you have followed the above advice re the app not running in the background and that you have put the mapsettings.cfg file in to the correct location.

If you don't know how to check whether the app is running in the background either double click the Home button, if the TT icon appears at the bottom of the screen press and hold it until a red circle appears over the icon, pressing the red circle will stop the app running, alternately simply turn the iPhone fully off then back on (press and hold power button until the slider appears to de-power the iPhone) - Mike
pete1336
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete1336 wrote:
TIA,
Pete

Ah ha, I see a dedicated 1.8 map settings file is not needed. All working here Smile
TraceT
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pete1336 wrote:
pete1336 wrote:
TIA,
Pete

Ah ha, I see a dedicated 1.8 map settings file is not needed. All working here Smile

Me too!! Very Happy
MrGumby
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Looking good Reply with quote

Worked for me too.

Copied mapsettings.cfg to my PC first. Actually, I copied the entire W.Europe folder. Don’t know if I could copy the whole thing back, to restore to version 1.7 if I wanted, but at least I can copy individual files back.

After upgrading to 1.8, I copied back mapsettings.cfg (which is in fact one I created for myself using TT Nav 7) plus all my POI and speed camera files – PNG (24-bit 44x44), OV2 and OGG. Disabled TomTom's 'speed camera' alerts via settings.

Everything seems fine – POI icons including speed cameras appear on the map (2D and 3D) and voice alerts sound correctly.

Looks like an excellent implementation of Multi-Point Routes - well done TomTom.
davast
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after checking & double checking, I had put the camera & voice files in the wrong folder. Shocked

All working fine now. Thanks for all the help.
Garfy539
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Config file Reply with quote

Hi,
Just got TomTom 1.8 on my Iphone4,
Can you email me config file for this please.

mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garfy, go back to page one of this thread and in the first post is a link to download all the icons and voice files needed, in this zip file is the mapsettings.cfg file which is what you are looking for - Mike
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know why the PGPSW audible warnings for the European database don't work? I have configured the European cameras in exactly the same way as the UK cameras. The UK cameras work perfectly with both cameras indicated on the map coupled with the audible warnings. The European cameras can be seen on the map but I cannot get the audible warnings to work even with the correct .ogg files loaded into the correct location. Has anyone got anyone got any suggestions?
mikealder
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its quite simple, the mapsettings.cfg file is offered to show you whats possible, it was created with only the UK Speed Zoned file set configured and it doesn't include the pMobile files, it also doesn't contain the European camera data.
With hundreds of different combinations of what can be "cooked" by an individual for warnings etc it is impossible to cover everything with what is essentially an example, if you want more warnings gain access to an up to date TomTom PND that you can access via Windows Explorer, add all the files to that and configure all the warnings, then copy the resultant mapsettings,cfg file to your iPhone - Mike
Dawks
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your swift and very informative reply Mike. Unfortunately I haven't got access to an up date TomTom only a Go 740 which presumably is no good at all. Is the configuration I refer to likely to be set up by PCKGPS at some point?

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Apple GPS Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 20 of 42

Jump to: