Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Response time for submitted camera info.
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Response time for submitted camera info.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Response time for submitted camera info. Reply with quote

Sorry if this isn't the correct forum.

What's a reasonable time to wait before a camera submission is rejected or accepted?

I submitted an update on 11 May and, it being such a long time ago, had completely forgotton about until clearing the mailbox today.

TIA

Richard
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a known dummy camera as shown by the dummy icon on the map: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=SubmitCamera&lat=52.47929&lon=-1.71692#map

MaFt
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaFt wrote:
That's a known dummy camera as shown by the dummy icon on the map: http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Cameras&op=SubmitCamera&lat=52.47929&lon=-1.71692#map

MaFt

Thanks, but as far as I can remember the icon didn't appear to be in quite right location. Thus the warning would be misleading.

In any event, when I've previously submitted info about cameras (existing or otherwise) I have had an acknowledgement. No response is rather discouraging.

Richard
Daggers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't get warnings from dummy cameras - there is no camera to be warned about! They are only shown on the submission map to indicate that the position is known and does not need any further processing.

I don't believe the acknowledgement situation has changed. You should have received an automated acknowledgement when you submitted the location.
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daggers wrote:
You don't get warnings from dummy cameras - there is no camera to be warned about! They are only shown on the submission map to indicate that the position is known and does not need any further processing.

I don't believe the acknowledgement situation has changed. You should have received an automated acknowledgement when you submitted the location.

Well, I was promted to report that the camera was in the wrong place because I received a camera warning and had the usual symbol on my Garmin but the location of the symbol was not even close to the (dummy) camera. Direction of action was correct.

So, what do we conclude from all that?

And no I never received an acknowledgement.

Richard
MaFt
Pocket GPS Staff
Pocket GPS Staff

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSavage wrote:
Well, I was promted to report that the camera was in the wrong place because I received a camera warning and had the usual symbol on my Garmin but the location of the symbol was not even close to the (dummy) camera. Direction of action was correct.

The submitted comments were "This appears to be an active camera installation.....". That is very different from saying that an existing camera location is wrong and needs relocating to here...

The only active camera in the vicinity is GATSO:74048@variable which is about 600m further north and on the other carriageway.

RSavage wrote:
I submitted an update on 11 May and, it being such a long time ago, had completely forgotton about until clearing the mailbox today.

RSavage wrote:
And no I never received an acknowledgement.

go on, I'm intrigued, how did clearing your mailbox suddenly help you remember that you had submitted a camera on 11th May?

MaFt
RSavage
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearing my mailbox prompted my query for a very simple reason. I was deleting mails about a trip (WNR) and remembered that I'd gone to the trouble of submitting the camera report while processing the trip logs.

I don't normally bother submitting reports.

Last time I submitted a camera I got a chatty email reply explaining what I'd seen and why it didn't count as anything new.

Richard

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> CamerAlert News All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: