Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Navigon 40 Premium - Downloading Map updates!
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Navigon 40 Premium - Downloading Map updates!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrislang
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 4:53 pm    Post subject: Navigon 40 Premium - Downloading Map updates! Reply with quote

I've just bought a Navigon 40 Premium, registered it and bought the 24 month Freshmap update package, this now tells me I have :
Navigon Europe Q4/2010
Navigon FreshMaps Europe Q2/2010
Navigon FreshMaps Europe Q3/2010
& Navigon FreshMaps Europe Q3/2010
available to download.

I'm trying to find out if I should download them all, ( if so in what sequence ) or just one, in which case which one? and any help would be much appreciated.
Also the unit has a slot for a Micro SD card, but no mention is made of it's use or indeed if a Micro SD card can be used with this model.

MTIA
Chris
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check what you already have on the unit - find your way through 'settings' to get to the 'map' option, which should give you the version - it ought to be Q4 in which case you don't need to do anything. Otherwise, just download Q4 (if you have to do this there may be one or two other things, like City 3D, "compatible with Q4" which I would suggest you also download.

If you have a slot you may have been sent a microSD card as well. You don't particularly need to worry about it, other than for capacity; Fresh will download to internal memory or the mSD as it sees fit, but the two memories are really treated as a whole. If you find you are near capacity (eg when checking the unit drives when the satnav is connected to your PC), you can get a (bigger capacity) card if necessary - I THINK the max Navigon handles is 4GB. Have a look at the manual from the Navigon site to see what that says about the microSD.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Navigon Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: