Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Nissan Connect favourites
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Nissan Connect favourites

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect
View previous topic :: View next topic  
paul-1951
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:29 pm    Post subject: Nissan Connect favourites Reply with quote

Does anyone know how to copy favourites from a tomtom device into the Nissan connect device. I cannot fing a .cfg file in the map entry. It means I have to program all my favourites one at a time, which is a pain.

Thanks
Paul B
Darren
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't. That's one reason why we always recommend you use a custom POI group rather than the Favourites facility on a TomTom.
paul-1951
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Nissan connect Favorites Reply with quote

I Finally cracked how to copy over your favorite stored destinations to a nissan connect sat nav. My example takes my existing MapSettings.cfg file from my TomTom to my nissan connect. Hope this will help others.

Creating Favourite Destinations from Tom-Tom to Nissan Connect
1. Copy the file MapSettings.cfg from the Tom-Tom Map to another location on your PC and rename to Tom-Settings.cfg
2. You will now need to open the file using the PoiEdit program. This is available from the PoiEdit site: http://www.poiedit.com/downloads.htm
Click the option button Download PoiEdit 2007.2 English to download and run the file. Note a later version may be available.
3. Once the PoiEdit program is loaded on your PC, double click the *.cfg file and it will open up within the PoiEdit program, displaying al the entries.
4. Edit your entries by deleting what is not required and keeping what is wanted. Note: some files are duplicated or have been stored from set destinations. These can be deleted if not required.
5. Save the file using the option Save As and entering a file name My_Favorites and selecting the file type as Destinator Comma Separated (*.csv)
6. A CSV file should now be saved with the file name My_Favorites.
7. Now open up the My_favorites.csv file using Excel. Check that 3 columns are visible, these should be, from left to right – Latitude, Longitude and Destination Name.
8. Edit any location names and delete any other columns which are not required. You should be left with just 3 created columns in Excel columns A, B and C.
9. Now save the file again using the file format CSV (MS-DOS)(*.CSV) and the same file name.
10. Say yes to overwriting the original file or create a new one
11. Say yes to keep the format
12. You now have a My_Favorites.csv file stored and ready for loading on to your Nissan connect.
Loading the CSV File on the Nissan connect
1. Create a folder on your Hard drive and name it as myPOIs
2. Move or copy the file My_Favorites.csv into the myPOIs folder.
3. Load the folder myPOIs with its csv file content onto a USB Memory stick
4. Open up the Map option on your Nissan Connect
5. Insert the USB stick and select the option download POI. If this does not happen, then you may have the wrong folder name or the USB is not recognised.
6. Wait for the POI file to complete its download. Contents of the USB, POI (CSV file) is now loaded as an entry into your POI folder called My Points of Interest.

Entering Destinations from your POI store, to your Address Book.
1. Select MAP
2. Select Destinations
3. Select New Destination
4. Select Points of Interest
5. Select My Points of Interest
6. Select the POI File My_favorites (This is the file you downloaded if done correctly)
7. Select a destination entry from the list
8. Select Enter details of destination. This starts to calculate the route.
9. Once route is loaded on the map, select the option Menu on the map.
10. Select Show destination information. Detail description of the destination is now provided on the screen.
11. Select Save
12. Edit the title if required
13. Select Save to store in your Address book
14. Repeat step 1 to 13 for all destination entries.
15. Once all your destinations have been saved, the POI file can be deleted from POI list. See manual for options. This will help to keep your memory size down.

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Nissan Connect All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: