Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Postcode errors with map 850.2781
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Postcode errors with map 850.2781

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dobson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:46 pm    Post subject: Postcode errors with map 850.2781 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I've just downloaded the latest maps to my GO730. When I try to re input my home location using the post code/house number, I get the message that 133 is the maximum number available, unfortunately my house number is 144 Crying or Very sad . I am using the latest postcode file 850.

I've reported this to TOMTOM, who tried it and agree that it definitely is a problem. They reckon it can be probably be fixed in the next round of map updates.

Has anyone else come across a similar error. Most of my navigation is done using postcodes and house numbers, so I was wondering if I'm going to have minor issues with every trip until the maps are corrected.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The house numbers aren't stored in the postcode files, they are coded in the main map.

But there have been several other reports on the forums of house numbers getting WORSE not better in newer map versions, so you're not alone.

Here's one
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=83332

and for some specific examples:

Andy_P wrote:
Shakespeare Road Hanwell London W7

On the v840 Western and Central Europe map, for the above road the "odd" house numbers from 5 to 79 plus 85 to 91 and the "even" numbers from 6 to 92 are missing.

On the v845 Europe map the same numbers are missing.

On the v850 UK and Ireland map I now have, it has got worse not better! The TT just reports "House numbers are not available for this street".

I have seen several other instances of this, and house numbering is generally very poor even in the capital city! (On the road next to the one above the numbers 1-4 are missing for no apparent reason and on the road just above it the numbers on the map start at 14).
dobson
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Andy, I did a scan for similar subjects, but missed that one. At least now know it's not an isolated incident, so there may be a chance they will get it sorted reasonably soon.
Andy_P
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't hold your breath. Sad
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My road now only goes up to number 2. I live at number 8 out of 40...

One of my clients roads starts from number 2 according to TT and they live at number 1

And my inlaws postcode points to the wrong road...

Terrible... esp. as my house and the in laws house was fixed several maps ago only for the errors to creep back again..

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: