Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - W&CE v 850 map released
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

W&CE v 850 map released
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing OK the download completed earlier.

So, does anyone know how to force Home to use the System Temp folders, which I've got pointing to X:\Temp, a drive that has 30Gb free, rather than bleating at me that there isn't enough space on C: ?
Any idea how much space it actually wants? The error message doesn't actually specify!

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In TT Home, Tools, Home Preferences, Folders tab. You can chnage the download folder there.
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
MrT wrote:
I wonder if TT will offer users with 2GB devices the 2GB version of the Europe map as the expanded version will no longer work on those devices?

Not sure i follow.

Those with 2 Gb devices ARE being offered the 2 Gb map, however it's now bigger than 2 Gb plus you have to take into account the NavCore eats into the 2 Gb storage space allowance.

TomTom used to offer a map of Western Europe they called the W&CE 2GB Map which was not a 2GB size map but a map that fits on units with 2GB of memory. However looking at the site now it gives this W&CE 2GB map size as 2264MB which is the same size as the current W&CE. Home lists both (W&CE-2GB and W&CE) so either is there a mistake on the site or the more compressed version is now not more compressed.
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One XL Live IQ routes Europe updated to latest map without any problems, even kept speed camera warnings without any intervention.

GO 740 Live updated more quickly, presumably using the map already downloaded for the first device. Speed camera warnings were reset and so used the old Mapsettings .cfg which worked fine.

Just found an 8Gb micro SD Card which I have inserted into GO 740 Live to potentially allow me to download the entire Europe map.
Just struggling to see how I get that Map as from TT Home I don't see it available for download?

Any Tips on how to force its download to the micro SD card?
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Just found an 8Gb micro SD Card which I have inserted into GO 740 Live to potentially allow me to download the entire Europe map.
Just struggling to see how I get that Map as from TT Home I don't see it available for download?

As mentioned above try using a card reader instead of the unit to transfer the maps. Apparently TT are still ironing out some issues with installing the whole map to the unit but the card reader tip is said to work by more than one person.

Also mentioned above

"You can change the active zone in use on your device. Go to "Manage my device" in the main menu in TomTom HOME, then the "Items on my device" tab. Click the "Change map zone" link next to the map on your device."

So once you have the card connected via a card reader use the Change Map Zone and you should be offered the whole map in one go to download to the SD card....
adobbing
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:

As mentioned above try using a card reader instead of the unit to transfer the maps. Apparently TT are still ironing out some issues with installing the whole map to the unit but the card reader tip is said to work by more than one person.

Also mentioned above

"You can change the active zone in use on your device. Go to "Manage my device" in the main menu in TomTom HOME, then the "Items on my device" tab. Click the "Change map zone" link next to the map on your device."

So once you have the card connected via a card reader use the Change Map Zone and you should be offered the whole map in one go to download to the SD card....

Thanks!

Just attempting this now....

I copied my most recent backup to the SD card before using the change device feature in TT Home.
When it detected the card with the old full size Western and Central Europe map it offered the map update.
When I clicked on "Change Map Zone" it now offers 5 options rather than 4.
The extra option being the full map.

Just got to wait 50 minutes whilst it downloads!
redvers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adobbing wrote:
One XL Live IQ routes Europe updated to latest map without any problems, even kept speed camera warnings without any intervention.

My XL Live IQ Routes Europe tells me I need to delete 384Mb to create enough free space on the unit to download the map. There isn't 384Mb of items offered for removal! I don't get any option to change the zone when doing this (part of LMG) so how am I meant to download the zones before installing them??
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
In TT Home, Tools, Home Preferences, Folders tab. You can chnage the download folder there.
Hi Paul, I've got the download and all the other folders already set to X:, which is where it has put the zip. Unfortunately, I presume, the next step is to extract the zip. Rather than using the download folder or obeying the Windows Environment Settings and using the X:\Temp I've set up, it brings up a message telling me to tidy up my C: drive Shocked

TomTom Go 940 LIVE (9.510, Europe v915.5074 on SD & 8.371, WCE v875.3613 on board)
PaulB2005
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My XL Live IQ Routes Europe tells me I need to delete 384Mb to create enough free space on the unit to download the map. There isn't 384Mb of items offered for removal! I don't get any option to change the zone when doing this (part of LMG) so how am I meant to download the zones before installing them??

Hmm You'll have to speak to TT. I'll bet they overlooked this senerio...

Quote:
Rather than using the download folder or obeying the Windows Environment Settings and using the X:\Temp I've set up, it brings up a message telling me to tidy up my C: drive

Home is probably using another directory such as AppData (or Application Data) under your User Profile...
JockTamsonsBairn
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:
Rather than using the download folder or obeying the Windows Environment Settings and using the X:\Temp I've set up, it brings up a message telling me to tidy up my C: drive

Home is probably using another directory such as AppData (or Application Data) under your User Profile...
Thankfully, I was able to share the Home dowload folder onto another machine that did have enough space! Successfully installed - just need to try copying back my MapSettings.cfg and I should be good to go!

ETA:
Copied back MapSettings.cfg - all OK and installed the v850 post codes.

Last edited by JockTamsonsBairn on Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
redvers
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:
Quote:

Hmm You'll have to speak to TT. I'll bet they overlooked this senerio...

And yet I'd been on at them about having it working as part of my LMG :-/

Currently trying to get around it using an 8Gb memory stick. This is allowing me to download the maps (tho it's slow as I am using my phone as a modem) and hopefully "install" them. Once that is done I am crossing my fingers that I can change zones and install the correct zones to the TomTom... However this does mean that the device no longer seamlessly allows you to navigate around Europe, unless you also have the full maps downloaded and your laptop with you Rolling Eyes
MrT
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaTe wrote:
Now I'm slightly confused. I didn't have time to read the forum threads yesterday but left my TT720 downloading the new map Western Europe 850.2781 that was offered.

So what has happened I am wondering, as my map is only 1885.8mb in size according to HOME?

I think you have downloaded Western Europe rather than Western & Central Europe. My Western and Centreal Europe map is 2264MB and v850.2800.

In Home go into "manage my go", "items on the device", expand the maps and then select the "change map region" tab, that page shows what you have installed and also what each of the regional European maps covers.
Stampy72
Regular Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know why my TT has now developed an interesting "bug"...

Whenever I switch it on - it shows a road near me as both "Hanover Court" and "Oxclose"

As soon as it locks onto a GPS signal - it correctly shows only ONE road "Oxclose"

I corrected the map yesterday with this (as well as 19 other ones) that I have been correcting with both MapShare & TeleAtlas for at least 5 years!

I'd do a screen grab - but I can't remember how to do it..... Embarassed
GPS v1.20, Boot 5.5138
Map : "Europe_North" v 900.4602
Oldboy
Pocket GPS Moderator
Pocket GPS Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stampy72 wrote:
I'd do a screen grab - but I can't remember how to do it..... Embarassed
See Here. Wink

TT 910 V7.903: Europe Map v1045
TT Via 135 App 12.075: Europe Map v1120
Robin2
Lifetime Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PaulB2005 wrote:

Didn't work for me. I have a 4GB SD card in my 720 and removed all maps from it so that I had more than 3.8GB free. I tried Change the Map Zone and was only offered the three sub-regions, not the complete map.
Incidentally, I can't use the card reader with Home. When I try it brings up a page showing how to register a card with Home (which includes making a Home backup), but then says that it can't be done with a 720. Is this wrong?

Robin
Plus a lot of other PDA GPS kit, seldom used

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> TomTom Portable Navigation Devices All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: