Home PageFacebookRSS News Feed
PocketGPS
Web
SatNav,GPS,Navigation
Pocket GPS World - SatNavs | GPS | Speed Cameras: Forums

Pocket GPS World :: View topic - Can't remove route from map screen
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log in for private messagesLog in for private messages   Log inLog in 

Can't remove route from map screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:50 pm    Post subject: Can't remove route from map screen Reply with quote

I'm running v1.4 and have created a route after converting a trail to a track, and it's all fine when I activate the route, however when I deactive the route, the map screen still displays the route but in a light grey colour with grey waymarkers.

When I try to delete the route it just deletes the entire route from the SD card but I need to keep it. I only want to delete the grey route from the map screen. Other routes I have on the SD card don't do this. Is there any way of doing this as I don't want to have to delete the route and reinstall it every time I want to use it.

Many thanks.
BigPerk
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't looked at my manual recently, but I'm sure there is an option to show/not show inactive routes somewhere in the menus?
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big perk is right there are 3 settings for inactive routes.

1. "Show Inactive Routes SP - this shows a grey marker at the start of the route.
2. "Show Inactive Routes" - this shows the whole route in grey
3. "Hide Inactive Routes" - does what it says.

Go into Settings then Set Trip Data.
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I forgot about that. What a doughnut!

Thanks ever so much. That's been driving me nuts all evening. I'm most grateful to you both for taking the time to reply.

Cheers!
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to drag up this old post again but since the latest v1.45 update, my routes will not 'hide'. The red snail trail remains until I delete the trip log data. Surely, this can't be right?

Anyone else noticed this at all or am I still going about it all wrong?
Embarassed
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buckleberry wrote:
Sorry to drag up this old post again but since the latest v1.45 update, my routes will not 'hide'. The red snail trail remains until I delete the trip log data. Surely, this can't be right?

Anyone else noticed this at all or am I still going about it all wrong?
Embarassed

I haven't got my a10 with me so responding by memory - to hide the red snail trail I think you press the joystick down then the bottom right option cycles through something like "trail on" Small Trail on" "trail off" if I'm right the option that is showing is actually the action you want to take with the next press of the button. so if it says "Trail off" then it means the trail is currently on and by pressing that option you will effectively hide the red route. Sorry if this sounds confusing but couldn't think of another way to describe it.
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gibbo, I know what you mean but I thought that was to turn the feature on/off/small while out walking/cycling.

I'm pretty sure I used to select 'Hide Inactive Routes' and the red dots disappeared without having to delete the trip log data. Maybe not? I haven't used a route for some time now. Typical, isn't it? As soon as you want to use something you can't rememebr what it was like previously!

I'll have another play around and see what happens. Will post back afterwards.

Thanks agiain.
Gibbo10
Frequent Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A route (Active or Inactive) is completely seperate and different to the red trail.

A route is pre drawn and when active is Yellow and when in active is grey. You can choose in the settings to either show inactive routes or just show the start point of inactive routes.

The red trail is obviously recorded as you move and is stated and stopped via the "log" screen.

When you press start the log starts recording the route you are taking and displays the red breadcrumb trail on the screen. You can choose to show the red trail as you walk or turn it off. Turning it off doesn't stop it recording just hides it until you make it visible again. You do this in the way that I described in my last post.

Hope that helps
Buckleberry
Occasional Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-ha! Now I get it. Embarassed

Dur...!

Thanks again. I was getting confused between routes and snail trails. Now I've converted trail to track the snail trail has gone but the new route saved.

House point mr Mr Gibbo...
Very Happy

Posted: Today    Post subject: Pocket GPS Advertising

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Pocket GPS World Forum Index -> Satmap Active 10 All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: